Relais & Châteaux Launches "99 Inspirational Chefs" Cookbook
From the Robb Report Luxury Newswire
Relais & Châteaux, the prestigious association of the world’s finest hoteliers, chefs and restaurateurs, releases “99 Inspirational Chefs,” a new cookbook that compiles of 210 recipes from 99 chefs, including 25 Grands Chefs in North America, Mexico, and Caribbean. With an introduction by Grand Chef Patrick O’Connell, from The Inn at Little Washington, “99 Inspirational Chefs” celebrates North America with intriguing recipes, chef profiles and vivid imagery. Readers will meet talented chefs who share a passion for hospitality and fine dining as they recollect an epicurean journey, beginning in Eastern Canada and finishing in the Caribbean.
The journey begins in the Northeast, with its abundance of seafood dishes and local sustainability, and continues to the Western United States, where chefs use the freshest seasonal produce. Featured recipes include:
- Seared Foie Gras, with Chilled Lobster & Vanilla Infused Pineapple Salsa - Alexander Nagi, The Charlotte Inn, Edgartown, Massachusetts
- Del Posto Corzetti with Salsa Verde Pasta - Grand Chef Mark Ladner, Del Posto, New York, New York
- Vermont Holland Farm Venison Carpaccio, Red Cabbage Slaw with Worcestershire Gastrique - Graham Hill, Windham Hill Inn, West Townshend, Vermont
- Slow Cooked California King Salmon with Smoked La Ratte Potatoes, Braised Radish & Garden Sorrel Sauce - Grand Chef Michael Tusk, Quince, San Francisco, California
The journey continues with recipes from Eastern Canada, offering a taste of the sea, foraged ingredients and maple syrup, and Western Canada. To finish the cookbook’s culinary inspiration, readers will find recipes reflecting Mexico’s uniqueness and the sunny Caribbean, embracing tropical fruits, rum, and seafood. Featured recipes include:
- Pan-Seared Canadian Diver Scallop with Bacon & Maple Foam - Francois Blais, Auberge Saint-Antoine, Québec City, Québec
- Potato Crusted Oysters, Leek Veloute, Salsify, Truffle - Nicholas Nutting, Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, British Columbia
- Seafood Tortilla Soup served with Crispy Corn Tortilla, Guajillo Chili, Cilantro & Avocado - Gonzalo Cerda, Esperanza Resort, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Tarte Tatin of Mango, Coconut, White Chocolate & Tapioca Beads - Grand Chef Stéphane Mazières, Hôtel Le Toiny, Anse de Toiny, Saint-Barthélemy
“99 Inspirational Chefs” is filled with an array of traditional recipes given a modern twist with mouthwatering results by chefs from Vancouver, Napa Valley, Barbados, and beyond. Chefs Colin Bedford of The Fearrington House, Barbara Lynch of Menton, and Michael Tusk of Quince, were recently announced as the newest 2013 Relais and Châteaux North American Grands Chefs. This trio has joined a distinguished group of 160 Grands Chefs, including Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, and many others.
For more information and to order the book please call toll-free number: 877.334.6464. Price: $99.