Rancho La Puerta Introduces New Wellness Experiences for 2014
TECATE, Mexico (March 20, 2014) – Recognized in 2013 as the world’s best destination spa and the top resort in Mexico, Rancho La Puerta offers a true wellness retreat, providing restoration of mind and body through fitness, meditation, spa and culinary experiences. For 2014, the Ranch is expanding its wellness offerings with the introduction of five new spa and beauty treatments, new product line partnerships and new fitness classes.
“After months of research and trials, we’re excited to introduce new spa experiences that incorporate different techniques, as well as products from Juice Beauty and PINO,” said Tere Ochoa, Rancho La Puerta’s Spa Director. “Joining our longstanding partnerships with Amala and Primavera, these new products enhance our spa offerings and diversify the options at our destination spa.”
Rancho La Puerta’s new spa offerings include:
- Head-to-Toe Candle Oil Massage – PINO: Using the warm, scented oil from a just-extinguished massage oil candle, the spa therapist employs a gentle form of massage that involves long strokes from scalp to toes. Hot stones and a body wrap are also incorporated into the treatment, with a strong focus on warming, revitalizing movements and strokes for ultimate relaxation; 90 min for $160.
- Birchwood Treatment – PINO: Handmade massage tools made of birchwood provide an extraordinary anti-aging, skin-toning body treatment. Utilizing the birchwood, flowing massage movements help purify tissues, relieve tension, and stimulate the metabolism leaving skin feeling firmer and more supple; 90 min for $160.
- Repairing Facial - Juice Beauty: Experience our powerful repairing facial and reverse the signs of damage caused by age, stress, and environmental factors. This experience includes a deep cleansing, soft peel, hydrating mist, and moisturizer application to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The Repairing Facial revitalizes the skin and delivers a youthful appearance; 50 min for $95.
- Clearing Facial - Juice Beauty: This results-driven facial renews your skin and creates a healthy glow. It utilizes organic nutrients that are specifically designed to even out the skin tone and clear the complexion. The experience includes a double cleansing, organic blemish clearing system, toner, mask, and moisturizer application. It heals, hydrates and prevents future breakouts; 50 min for $95.
- Spa Ritual Manicure and/or Pedicure: These customized nail treatments beautify skin and nails and indulge the senses with fragrant essential oils. Beginning with a hand or foot soak, nails and cuticles are trimmed and shaped, followed by a gentle hand or foot exfoliation scrub and a soothing hand and arm or foot and leg massage. Guests choose a polish color from an array of unused polishes that they are able to take home for color touchups; 50 minutes for a $45 manicure and 50 minutes for a $50 pedicure.
Rancho La Puerta’s spa treatments are provided among its three health and beauty centers, including the Men’s Health Center, Woman’s Health Center and Villas Health Center. The skilled estheticians and therapists, widely trained in several disciplines, use aromatic and medicinal herbs and other healing plants grown at the Ranch’s organic gardens. Spa treatments are available for booking with advance reservation or during the course of a three, four or seven day stay.
Rancho La Puerta’s new fitness offerings include:
- Ropes Gone Wild: The “Ropes Gone Wild” fitness class offers a high intensity, low impact, full body workout experience. Guests learn basic to advanced training rope moves sequenced in a progressive cardio, strength, and power format 45-minute class.
- Salsa y Salsa: Launching this month, this unique three-hour evening experience combines fun, fitness and food at Rancho La Puerta’s culinary center – La Cocina Que Canta. Guests arrive at the culinary center and tour the six-acre organic garden, then enjoy a salsa and taco making demonstration from Executive Chef Denise Roa and a delicious, fresh, family style dinner, followed by joining vibrant salsa instructor Manuel for a high-energy dance class teaching salsa moves while burning calories in a fun atmosphere. The dinner and dance class is held weekly at La Cocina Que Canta; $95.00.
About Rancho La Puerta: The first true fitness resort and spa in North America, Rancho La Puerta, welcomes guests to its 3,000 private acres of gardens, mountains and meadows with an approach to wellness that strikes a true mind, body and spirit balance. Facilities and amenities include cottage-style casitas, fitness classes, spa, dining, outdoor recreation and more, all available for exclusive use during three, four or seven day stays. Guests enjoy inclusive rates that cover accommodations, fitness classes, semi-vegetarian, gourmet meals, activities and special presentations. Spa treatments, personal training sessions and cooking classes at the ranch’s La Cocina Que Canta cooking school are available à la carte throughout the course of a stay. Situated at the juncture of the Laguna and Sierra Juarez mountain ranges, Rancho La Puerta is located three miles from the Tecate Baja California/Mexican border and within an hour and a half drive of downtown San Diego.