Smeg Adds Hot New Colors to its Cool '50s-Style Refrigeration Series
New York, NY – June 2014 – Smeg, the Italian appliances brand known for its iconic 50s style refrigeration, expands their FAB28 line with two vibrant new colors (white and yellow) plus a highly anticipated Union Jack flag design.
“We’ve offered our 50s style refrigeration in 10 classic colors since 2007 when we first launched in the United States,” states Sonja Dettori, Operations Manager for Smeg USA, Inc. “Because we strive to bring innovative trends to the market, and we felt it was time for a brilliant white and sunflower yellow. Interestingly, the Union Jack is one of our most popular styles, with a fanatic cult-like demand across the world. We know that designers and consumers have been asking us to bring it to the U.S. market and we’re thrilled to offer it here after a long, anticipated wait.”
“A” rated for energy efficiency; each FAB28 has a generous 9.22 cubic ft. capacity. Inside are three hygienic and easy-to-clean glass shelves, while the door provides practical storage compartments for bottles, cartons and dairy products. A chrome wine rack and a large fruit and vegetable container complete the inventory of interior fittings that make the FAB28 such a practical as well as aesthetically pleasing appliance.
Smeg's 50’s retro range features unmistakably vintage designs whose classic, sinuous lines and vibrant colors combine perfectly with cutting-edge technology. Like other famous designs, the original FAB28 colored refrigerator is more than just a mere fridge. It’s a statement.
- Door: 2 adjustable covered bins, 2 bottle storage bins, 4 adjustable bins, 2 egg bins.
- Refrigerator: 1 bottle storage shelf, 1 fixed glass shelf, 1 fruit and vegetable container, 1 dairy box. Interior light, 3 adjustable glass shelves.
- 1 ice cube tray, with auto defrost.
- 57.5”h x 23 5/8”w x 27.5”d)
- Capacity 9.22 Cu. Ft.
- Iconic and unique retro 50’s design across 13 colors (Union Jack, Yellow, White, Red, Lime Green, Orange, Blue, Pink, Cream, Black, Silver, Pastel Blue and Pastel Green.)
- $1,999.00 (all other models); $2,499.00 (Union Jack model)
Smeg is the Italian domestic appliances brand, producing beautiful products that combine technology and style for consumers who follow design and its evolution. Smeg expresses the “Made in Italy” style by flawlessly combining design, performance and attention to detail. Their distinctive appliances are born from collaboration with leading architects around the world. Every new product is, for Smeg, a handmade special, born from a design studio where form, ergonomics and function have been carefully studied.
For more information, visit www.smegusa.com.
- Products made for the U.S. market include built-in ovens, ranges, cooktops, hoods, refrigeration and dishwashers.
- Family-owned company in its third generation. The Bertazzoni family began enameling in the 1800s. The current CEO is Vittorio Bertazzoni, Jr.
- 17 subsidiaries around the world. 3 factories in Italy.
Commitment to Sustainability
Special focus is placed on obtaining the highest energy efficiency class rating in order to help the environment and to improve quality of life. All Smeg factories are ISO9001, ISO14001 and OSHAS 18001 certified.
History of the Name
Established as an appliance brand in 1948, Smeg’s legacy dates back to the 17th century starting with a family of blacksmiths who branched out into kitchen design. The name Smeg is an acronym, which conserves the memory of the company’s origins. In Italian, the initials stand for Smalterie Metallurgieche Emiliane Gustalla or the Metal Enameling factory in the town of Gustalla in Emilia Romagna, Italy.