Celebrate the Life and Legacy of Nelson Mandela with Zicasso's 8-Day South Africa Tribute Tour
Inspired by the life and legacy of one of the world’s most inspirational leaders, luxury travel service Zicasso is offering a 5-star journey through South Africa that follows in the footsteps of the late, iconic Nelson Mandela. With 2014 marking the 20th anniversary of his election to the South African presidency, this specially handcrafted 8-day tour of South Africa will visit sites in Cape Town and Johannesburg that are not only an integral part of the country’s complex past, but were all uniquely influenced by Mandela.
“Nelson Mandela’s life is a story of the triumph of the human spirit,” says Brian Tan, CEO of Zicasso. “To be sentenced to life imprisonment and then emerge 30 years later to become the president, after 27 years in prison, is one of the greatest inspirational stories. Our goal of this unique tour is to give travelers an immersion into his story of sheer will, clarity of purpose, and compassion while getting to know the beauty of South Africa.”
Pricing for this tour is $9,320 per person based on double occupancy. Additionally, for each tour booked, Zicasso will donate to South African non-profit organizations: Uthando and Jorvan Community. Zicasso has carefully selected these outstanding groups due to their tireless commitment, at the grassroots level, to uplift the under privileged communities in Cape Town, a feat that Nelson Mandela always held near to his heart.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Stays at stunning 5-star accommodations, including the exclusive Saxon Hotel, where Mandela penned his famous autobiography
- Visits to the Apartheid Museum and District Six Museum that chronicle a devastating time in South Africa’s history
- An exclusive private tour of the historic Robben Island where Mandela spent 18 years in captivity, guided by the inmates who lived there with him
- Tour of the Presidential Residence at Groote Schuur, the home that Mandela lived in during his presidency
- Unforgettable safari at the luxurious and tranquil Shambala Game Reserve, where Mandela hosted world leaders and dignitaries
- Vivid storytelling of Mandela’s life from a tour guide and raconteur that was recently awarded “Tour Guide of the Year”
- Meeting with a member of the Mandela family and hearing their account of history (depending on schedule and availability)
For a detailed itinerary, please visit: http://www.zicasso.com/luxury-vacation-south-africa-tours/5-star-tribute-nelson-mandela-tour