Harbor View Hotel Hops to the Occasion With Easter Fun for All on Martha's Vineyard
On Sunday, April 20, Harbor View Hotel on Martha’s Vineyard will be hopping with Easter excitement for the young (and young at heart). Festivities include the hotel’s award-winning Sunday brunch and an Easter egg hunt.
The annual Easter egg hunt will begin at 10 a.m. on Lighthouse Beach and Harbor View’s grounds, with a special appearance by the Easter Bunny. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., the hotel’s signature restaurant, Water Street, will open its doors for a brunch created by Executive Chef Nathan Gould. The menu will feature farm-fresh seasonal favorites, including Marcho Farms Lamb Leg, Rabbit Pâté and Honeysuckle Oysters. Brunch is priced at $55 per person and $25 for children 12 and under.
All activities are open to islanders and hotel guests alike. Visitors seeking a last-minute spring retreat can enjoy 50 percent off of room rates on one-, two- and three-bedroom Captain’s Cottage suites. To find out more about Harbor View Hotel or to reserve a room, please call (800) 225-6005 or visit www.harbor-view.com.
Easter Brunch Menu
Raw Bar Display
- Honeysuckle Oysters
- Little Necks
- Spring Onion Mignonette With Bloody Mary Cocktail and Citrus
- Duck Trap Smoked Salmon With Lemon and Grain Mustard Crema
Local Cheese and Charcuterie
- Selection of Vermont and Massachusetts Cheeses
- Rabbit Pâté and Cured Meats
- Lavosh and Honey
- Preserves and Mustards
Chef’s Brunch Station
- Waffles and Omelets Made to Order
- Slow-Roasted Good Farm and Cleveland Farm Chicken With Five-Spice Chicken Au Jus
- Marcho Farms Lamb Leg With Peppercorn-and-Cognac Hunter’s Sauce
- Thimble Farm Greens With Hazelnuts, Tangerine, Fennel and Vinaigrette
- Roasted Baby Spring Vegetables With Kale and Buttermilk Dressing
- Lumachine Pasta, Olives, Feta, Radish, Cucumber and Roasted-Tomato Dressing
- Harbor View Hash Browns
- Homemade Sausage
- Applewood Bacon
- Slow-Cooked Eggs
- Vineyard Spring Stew With Quahogs, Wild Mussels and Cod in a Fennel Broth
About Harbor View Hotel: A beloved fixture on the Vineyard since 1891, the Harbor View Hotel offers luxury guest rooms and suites in the heart of historic Edgartown. From its broad veranda, the hotel boasts spectacular views of Edgartown Harbor, the Vineyard’s premier sailing and yachting location. Its popular restaurants, Water Street and Henry’s Hotel Bar, offer a casual, yet sophisticated atmosphere for island-to-table dining, utilizing the Vineyard’s freshest ingredients. In 2012 Harbor View Hotel was named one of the “Top 50 U.S. Resorts” in Travel + Leisure’s “World’s Best Awards” issue, “Best Hotel on the Vineyard” by Martha’s Vineyard Magazine and was named “Best Resort/Hotel” by Cape Cod Magazine’s Gold Awards. The Harbor View is a member of Historic Hotels of America® and is managed by Scout Hotels. For more information call (800) 225-6005 or visit www.harbor-view.com.