Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Completes Phase of Renovation
SAN DIEGO (March 6, 2014) Award-winning Southern California hotel Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego continues to progress with its multimillion-dollar renovation with the completion of phase one of the meeting space. The design of the hotel and newly remodeled meeting spaces are inspired by the California coast, a contemporary design to emphasize picturesque bay and city views.
This recent phase of the renovation includes:
- Complete renovation of the first and fourth floor meeting spaces, including two ballrooms.
- Significant upgrades to the wireless network, increasing from 40 Mbps to 450 Mbps, including the addition of wireless overlays to accommodate increased wireless device usage
- Added additional hang-points for audio/video production creating more floor space for event use
- For comfort, “eight-hour banquet” chairs with flex backs and a webbed seat design were added to all meeting space
- The addition of three meeting planner offices in close proximity to the meeting space
- Upgrades to the way-finding system throughout the hotel’s electronic reader boards, which include touch-screen technology
- The addition of Bright Box cell charging stations, which are available for group sponsorship or individual use
- Upgraded all of the lights in the renovated meeting space to LED lights, which are more energy efficient, better for the environment, and allow many more lighting options for the customer.
“We really took into consideration the needs of our meeting planners and group attendees when planning this integral phase of the renovation,” says John Schafer, area vice president and general manager of Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. “In addition to the variety of structural, technological and aesthetic improvements, upgrades were made to ensure that meetings are effective and efficient, based on the feedback of our clients.”
In addition to the meeting space renovation, Manchester Grand Hyatt’s fitness center, which features panoramic views of the San Diego Bay, has been doubled in size and completely refreshed with all new soft goods, top-of-the-line fitness equipment, a TRX system and area for free weights and stretching. Brand-new Expresso Bikes allow users to choose from more than 40 virtual tours ranging in difficulty all viewed on an HD screen attached to the bike and the ability to sync up with other riders in the same network. New Precor bikes, treadmills and elliptical trainers also have RIFD sensors that can be linked through the Preva personal fitness app.
The hotel completed the first phase of renovation in July 2013 with the total redesign of its 1,628 guest rooms and suites. The next phases will include: complete renovation of the 2nd and 3rd floor meeting space, renovations made to all the food & beverage outlets and a complete revamp of Kin Spa. In order to keep up to date with the renovation or see how it has all unfolded, visit www.manchestergrandhyattrenovation.com.
About the Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, CA: Located on the Gaslamp Quarter’s waterfront, Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego overlooks San Diego Bay and many rooms offer spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean too. This urban resort defines San Diego’s skyline and is comprised of two stylish towers, the 33-story Seaport Tower and the 40-story Harbor Tower, the latter of which is 497-feet tall, making it the tallest building on the west coast waterfront. Connecting the two towers is a four-story building that boasts a rooftop pool with a 25,000 square-foot deck. The stylish Hyatt includes 76 newly renovated one-and-two-bedroom suites, Kin Spa with a full-service salon and an adults-only pool at adjacent Kin Oasis, tennis courts, bay-view pool and deck, a fitness center and several award-winning restaurants and lounges –most all overlooking the bay. It is adjacent to Seaport Village, near Horton Plaza and convenient to San Diego International Airport, San Diego Zoo and Sea World. In 2012, the hotel began a multimillion-dollar renovation, and completed the transformation of the 1,628 guest rooms and Executive Lounge in spring 2013. The hotel will proceed with additional updates including the renovation of, meeting spaces, Kin Spa, and food and beverage outlets including the iconic Top of the Hyatt. The entire project is scheduled to be complete by 2015. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.ManchesterGrand.Hyatt.com.