Turnberry Isle Miami Invites Travelers for Holidays in the Tropics
There is no shortage of cheer at Turnberry Isle Miami, especially during the holiday season. The legendary resort invites guests to experience a festive adventure this winter, South Florida-style, with daily fun-filled activities at both the 300-acre resort and across the street at Aventura Mall, South Florida’s premier shopping destination.
A few of the exciting offerings available during the festive season: complimentary holiday cookies and hot chocolate on Christmas Eve and Day; seasonal treatments at the award-winning Spa; storytelling with Mrs. Claus and pictures with Santa; and gingerbread cookie decorating. The festivities continue into the New Year with a Great Gatsby party, three-course dinner at celebrity chef Michael Mina’s Bourbon Steak (complimentary champagne and party favors included), and a Hair of the Dog Recovery Brunch the next morning, sure to hit the hangover spot after a late night of jubilation.
Additional holiday events include:
Annual Gingerbread House Unveiling: Gather around as our talented pastry chefs debut this year’s gingerbread house, created in collaboration with patients from the Holtz Children’s Hospital. Hot apple cider and holiday cookies will be served, with entertainment provided by storytellers and carolers from the AT&T Young Stars Music Showcase. Tuesday, December 18, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Winter Camp: Turn your children’s stay into an adventure with this unique supervised program for ages four to 12. Kids’ Connection educates and entertains with a jam-packed schedule of a variety of fun-filled activities that are sure to impress even the toughest little critic. Half-day and full-day camps are offered based on availability. December 23 to January 5, closed Christmas Day
- Christmas Day Brunch with Live Music: Celebrate one of the most magical days of the year with family, and Santa Claus, over a delicious brunch. Featuring traditional options, holiday favorites and free-flowing champagne. $65 per person, $32 for kids. Wednesday, December 25, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Artic-Animal Making: Design your own stuffed polar bear or penguin. Saturday, December 28, 3:15 p.m. $10
- Snowflake Spray T’s: Use stencils and wintery colors to create a winter-themed T-shirt, outside on the Laguna Lawn. Sunday, December 29, 3:15 p.m. $10
- Peppermint Patty Wrap: This indulgent experience begins with a 60-minute sensational peppermint scrub and chocolate body mask, using fresh herbs from the onsite chef’s garden. Further nirvana continues in the form of a 30-minute half-body massage. $139 plus gratuity
- Santa Baby Spa Package: Treat moms-to-be with a 60-minute maternity massage and 60-minute deep cleansing facial, combined with a pedicure and manicure. The future Mrs. Claus will also take home a stocking stuffer filled with hydrating goodies. $299 plus gratuity (regularly $397)
- Great Gatsby New Year’s Eve Ball: This black-tie evening in the stunning ballroom begins with a roaring 20’s reception, complete with gourmet cuisine, specialty wines and themed cocktails. Guests then enjoy a sit-down dinner, dessert buffet, champagne toast at midnight and dancing to a swingin’ nine-piece band. 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. $195 for club members, $250 for guests
- Augie’s Eye Openers at Golf Starters Booth: Enjoy a morning jolt with our Head Starter Augie Natale’s eye-opening Bloody Marys. Available for all golfers who play the resort’s championship-caliber Raymond Floyd-designed courses on New Year’s Day.
- Hair of the Dog….Recovery Brunch at Cascata Grill: Wake up late and stroll down to Cascata Grill for the ultimate brunch buffet that’s sure to hit the hangover spot after a late night of jubilation. $35, plus tax and gratuity. Wednesday, January 1
For a complete listing of holiday activities please visit http://www.turnberryislemiami.com/resort-overview/resort-calendar.
About Turnberry Isle Miami: A 300-acre tropical oasis situated in the beautiful City of Aventura in North Miami, Turnberry Isle Miami is a Mediterranean-style retreat with a culture of authenticity, spirited service and enriching experiences. The property is favored by travelers throughout the world and features two championship golf courses redesigned by Raymond Floyd, Celebrity Chef Michael Mina’s award-winning Bourbon Steak restaurant, a three-story Spa & Fitness Center, the elite Cañas Tennis, three relaxing pools, 40,000 square feet of meetings facilities, a beach club on the Atlantic and engaging kids camps all within reach of Turnberry Isle Miami’s 408 spacious guest rooms and suites. An Autograph Collection property, Turnberry Isle Miami is among a portfolio of world-class, independent boutique and luxury hotels. This Forbes Four Star resort has a reputation for excellence and is consistently recognized as among the world’s finest properties. For more information or for reservations, please call 1-866-612-7739 or visit www.turnberryislemiami.com. To receive regular updates and news, follow @TIsleMiami on Twitter and “Like” the Facebook page.