Best of the Best 2016: Business Jets | Large: Dassault Falcon 2000LXS
“For aircraft owners who are looking for large-cabin aircraft space but also want the performance and operating benefits of a midsize aircraft, this is the best option available.” —H. Lee Rohde III
“The Falcon 2000 family continues to be a passenger favorite, with a great cabin configuration, quiet environment, and trip flexibility due to its excellent blend of runway performance and range.” —Peter Agur Jr.
“This aircraft has a wonderful, quiet cabin; excellent range and runway performance; and superior operating economics.” —Kevin O’Leary
“This is one of Dassault’s crown jewels. It shines in all aspects of comfort, range, speed, performance, and short-field capability.” —William Quinn Jr.
- The short-runway performance of the 2000LXS enables it to access resorts such as Hilton Head, S.C., and make the steep descent into London City Airport.
- The jet can climb to a cruising altitude of 41,000 feet in just 20 minutes.
- According to Dassault, the engines produce 40 percent less emissions than those of other jets of this size.
- The 2000LXS has a cruising speed of 508 mph and a range of 4,603 miles, which enables it to fly nonstop from New York to Paris.
- The cabin is typically configured to seat eight to 10 passengers, and it is equipped with HDTV and video on demand that can be controlled through iPods or iPhones.
Dassault Falcon, dassaultfalcon.com ($33.7 million)