Best of the Best 2016: Business Jets | Super Large: Gulfstream G450
“If Gulfstream were to preserve any of the classic GIV series airframes, the G450 would be the one. The operating economics and performance in both midrange and long-range mission profiles are impressive.” —William Quinn Jr.
“The G450 is one of the best all-around bargains in this category.” —Peter Agur Jr.
“This aircraft has been a favorite for decades. It has a very good cabin, with large windows, and very good range, speed, and runway performance.” —Kevin O’Leary
- With a range of 5,000 miles, the G450 can fly nonstop from Teterboro, N.J., to Moscow.
- It climbs to a cruising altitude of 41,000 feet in just 23 minutes, and its cruising speed is 528 mph.
- The cabin is 40 feet 4 inches long. It can be configured to seat as many as 16 passengers or as few as eight.
- The eight-passenger layout can include a forward club seating area, a work area, and an aft stateroom.
- The cabin features oversize windows, receives a constant supply of fresh air, and maintains the feel of sea-level pressurization at altitudes as high as 26,700 feet.
Gulfstream, gulfstream.com ($43.15 million)