Best of the Best 2016: Business Jets | Ultralong-Range: Bombardier Global 6000
“The additional cabin space compared to the Gulfstream G550 is significant, which has always been a major selling point for the Global 6000 versus the G550. Increased cabin width is a selling point for most new large-cabin aircraft models.” —H. Lee Rohde III
“The cabin and range of this aircraft are the best selling points.” —Kevin O’Leary
“Bombardier has taken the Global brand to a new level. The cabin environment and overall performance characteristics of the Global 6000 are second to none.” —William Quinn Jr.
- The passenger area of the cabin is nearly 8 feet wide. It’s also more than 42 feet long, and 6 feet 2 inches tall.
- The cabin can include an aft stateroom with its own lavatory, and club seating for eight in the main seating area. It can also be configured to seat as many as 19 passengers.
- Even at 51,000 feet, the cabin pressurization feels like you’re flying at lower than 6,000 feet.
- The Global 6000 has a range of 6,904 statute miles (or 6,000 nautical miles, thus its name). That covers the distance from San Francisco to Moscow.
- The jet’s cruising speed is 562 mph.
- The 195-cubic-foot baggage area is accessible from the aft lavatory.
Bombardier, businessaircraft.bombardier.com ($62.3 million)