Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu, named the Best Beach Resort in the World by Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report, announces Chef Fest, part of the Four Seasons Food and Wine Series. A celebration of high-profile dinners, interactive cooking classes and culinary experiences, the series of events will be held at the Resort October 28-31, 2015 and features some of today’s top chefs coming together to cook, teach and entertain in an intimate and relaxed beach setting.
Massimo Falsini (Executive Chef, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai) welcomes an impressive lineup of guest chefs, including:
- Hugh Acheson (Five & Ten, The National, Athens, Georgia; Empire State South, Atlanta, Georgia; The Florence, Savannah, Georgia; Top Chef Masters, Top Chef; author of A New Turn in the South and Pick a Pickle, and multiple James Beard Award winner)
- Seamus Mullen (Tertulia, El Colmado, El Colmado Butchery, New York City; Sea Containers, London; Chopped, The Next Iron Chef; author of Hero Food)
- Naomi Pomeroy (Beast, Expatriate, Portland, Oregon; Top Chef Masters, Knife Fight; author of Oui: Lessons From an Award-Winning Self-Taught Chef (2016); and James Beard Award winner)
- Jonathan Waxman (Barbuto, New York City; Adele’s, Nashville, Tennesee; Top Chef Masters; author of A Great American Cook and Italian My Way
- Robert Gerstenecker (Executive Chef, Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta)
- Stephen Wambach (Executive Chef, Four Seasons Hotel Chicago)
Master Sommelier Roberto Viernes and director of mixology Chandra Lucariello from Southern Wine & Spirits will be on hand for wine and cocktail events.
“Chef Fest has become an incredible weekend of culinary experiences, full of amazing talent, food, wine and drink,” says Robert Whitfield, Regional Vice President and General Manager of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. “We’re excited to have another stellar lineup of visiting chefs and partners with us, for what’s sure to be a most memorable and indulgent celebration.”;
The line-up of events (schedule subject to change) is as follows:
6:00 pm – Chef Fest Grand Tasting: Join and mingle with guest chefs as they attend action stations, each presenting small plates paired with wine. This reception-style event is a chance to meet the chefs, winemakers and partners of Chef Fest (as well as local farmers) and taste the bounty of Hawaii Island. Hoku Amphitheater, USD 65
8:00 am – Paddle (stand-up and outrigger) and Brunch with chefs. Alaka’i Nalu, USD 50
1:00 pm – Interactive Cooking Class with Seamus Mullen. ‘ULU, USD 50
3:00 pm – Mixology Class with Chandra Lucariello. Beach Tree, USD 50
6:00 pm – Chef Fest Reception & Dinner (Naomi Pomeroy, Jonathan Waxman, Stephen Wambach and Massimo Falsini.) Beach Tree, USD 140 with wine
11:30 am – Interactive Cooking Class with Naomi Pomeroy. ‘ULU, USD 50
1:00 pm – Interactive Cooking Class with Jonathan Waxman. ‘ULU, USD 50
3:00 pm – Wine Class with Roberto Viernes. ‘ULU, USD 50
6:00 pm – Chef Fest Reception & Beach Cookout (Hugh Acheson, Seamus Mullen, Robert Gersteneckerand Massimo Falsini.) Kumukea Beach, USD 140 with wine
11:30 am – Interactive Cooking Class with Hugh Acheson, ‘ULU, USD 50
3:00 pm – Blind Wine Tasting and Class with Roberto Viernes. ‘ULU, USD 75
6:00 pm – Chef Fest Reception, Gala Dinner & After-Party featuring all chefs. ‘ULU, USD 180 with wine
Guests are invited to book the Taste of Chef Fest package:
Five-night package: available between October 25 and November 3, 2015, includes luxurious accommodations in Ocean View and above room categories and a Resort Credit of USD 750, which guests may apply towards any of the Chef Fest events throughout the week.
This year’s sponsors include Terlato Wines and United Airlines. For reservations, call toll-free 888 340 5662, contact your travel professional (chain code FS) or visit the Resort online.