The Speyside distillery’s name means “hill of the red deer.” Built in 1898, the distillery was closed just two years later and opened again in 1965. This bottling was taken from the few remaining barrels of the 1966 vintage. Of the 265 bottles produced, only 60 were shipped to the United States. Hand-bottled at 100 proof, this whisky is reminiscent of moss-covered river rocks and brims with smoky butter and dried fruit.
By Robb Report Staff on January 21, 2011