Giveaway Official Rules/Terms & Conditions
1. The Win a Robb Report Ski Weekend at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating in the Giveaway, each entrant agrees a) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; b) that the results of the Giveaway, as determined by the Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects; c) to be contacted by Sponsor by email; and d) if selected as the Grand Prize Winner, to the use of his/her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide (including online) without additional compensation, except as a resident of Tennessee and where otherwise prohibited by law. The Giveaway is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is void outside the fifty (50) states of the United States and where prohibited by law.
2. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. No skill is necessary to enter or win. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Giveaway should be directed to Sponsor.
3. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Giveaway is CurtCo Robb Media LLC, located at 29160 Heathercliff Road, Suite 200, Malibu, CA 90265 (”Sponsor” or “CurtCo Robb Media).
4. Eligibility: The Win a Robb Report Ski Weekend at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Giveaway is offered to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 21 years of age. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Giveaway: (a) any person who is a CurtCo Robb Media LLC or Jackson Hole Mountain Resort employee, director, officer, agent or independent contractor of CurtCo Robb Media LLC or Jackson Hole Mountain Resort; (b) individuals who are immediate family members (defined as spouse, IRS dependent, biological or adoptive or step-mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, and each of their respective spouses) of, or who reside in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories.
5. How to Enter and Entry Period: The Giveaway begins at 12:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (”PST”) on Dec 7, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on January 10, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, go to http://robbreport.com/jackson-hole-giveaway and enter your valid email address as required on the Giveaway entry form (“Giveaway Entry Form”) and click the ‘Enter Now’ button. You must fully complete and submit the Giveaway Entry Form by clicking on the ‘Enter Now’ button in order to be considered eligible to receive the Grand Prize offered as part of the Giveaway.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: Participants also may enter the Giveaway by mail as follows: On a plain 3” x 5” index card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, zip code, home and cell phone numbers (including area code), and a valid email address (if any) and mail your completed 3” x 5” card to Win a Robb Report Ski Weekend at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Giveaway, CurtCo Robb Media, Attention: Entries, PO Box 6934, Malibu, CA 90264-6934. Entries will not be acknowledged.
A person may enter the Giveaway only once per Entry Period. Entries must be received before midnight Pacific Standard Time on January 10, 2016, the last date of the Entry Period. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering the Giveaway, you agree to sign up to receive free newsletters and promotional emails from Robb Report and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. You will have the option to opt out of these communications.
Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Giveaway and winner eligibility. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry in order to be awarded a prize.
6. Grand Prize Drawing and Notification: One Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing after the conclusion of the Entry Period by CurtCo Robb Media, the Sponsor and judge of the Giveaway, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Giveaway. An official entry will be counted only if the entrant enters his or her valid email address as required on the Giveaway Entry Form. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email at the email address given by Entrant on the Giveaway Entry Form or by mail at the address given by Entrant, if Entrant does not have a valid email address, and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release from Liability form(“Affidavit”). The Affidavit must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date of notification or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected. Return of any prize notification as ‘undeliverable’ will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner.
7. Odds: Odds of winning any random drawing will depend on the number of entries received during the applicable Entry Period.
8. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: For the Entry Period (described above in section 5), there will be a total of one (1) Grand Prize winner of the following grand prize (“Grand Prize”):
Two (2) days skiing for two (2) people ($400)
Round-trip ground transportation to/from JAC Airport ($50)
Equipment rental for two (2) people for two (2) days ($200)
Day on the mountain with Tommy Moe ($1,000)
One (1) room for Three (3) nights accommodation at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort ($3,000)
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV) of the Prize: $4,650
The Grand Prize has a total combined ARV of $4,650 USD. No other expenses are included in the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to, airfare and meals. The Grand Prize is not transferable. No prize substitution or cash redemption is allowed. THE GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for payment of all insurance, federal, state, and local taxes on the Grand Prize or the Grand Prize Winner’s income and any other unspecified expenses, fees, and other costs associated with acceptance or use of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the Grand Prize awarded.
10. Release: By entering the Giveaway, the Grand Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, CurtCo Robb Media LLC, and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, franchisees and related companies, and each of their and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims or causes of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Giveaway or resulting directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any portion of the Grand Prize awarded in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of the Grand Prize or while traveling to or from any Prize-related activity. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, abbreviate or suspend the Giveaway or any portion thereof for any reason without further obligation or advance notice. In the event that the Giveaway is abbreviated for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, but is under no obligation, to award prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of termination. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with the Giveaway, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by (1) the authorized account holder of the email account submitted at the time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If any portion of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or illegal, the remaining portions of these Official Rules will remain in effect and be construed with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. Notification: Winners will be contacted directly via an email from Sponsor’s Email account (@RobbReport.com) or by US mail, if the winner does not have an email address. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to contact Sponsor to comply with the terms contained in Section 6 above and to collect the Grand Prize.
14. Winners List: To learn the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 31, 2016 to: Win a Robb Report Ski Weekend at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Giveaway, Attn: Giveaway Winners’ List, CurtCo Robb Media, PO Box 6934, Malibu, CA 90264-6934. Requests received after February 7, 2016 will not be honored. The name of the winner will be posted on http://RobbReport.com within sixty (60) days after the end of the Giveaway.