- Barrett-Jackson sees 98 percent sell-through rate with sales totaling more than $26.9 million and $750,000 raised for charity
- Automobilia sales total $720,000 from 357 Lots, a new record for Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas auctions
- Mohegan Sun announced as the location of Barrett-Jackson’s first Northeast Auction, June 23-25, 2016
LAS VEGAS – Sept 27, 2015 – Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, finished one of its strongest years in the company’s history following the 8th Annual Las Vegas Auction on Sept. 24-26, 2015, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. Barrett-Jackson’s Las Vegas auction enjoyed a 98 percent sell-through rate with sales totaling more than $26.9 million and $750,000 raised for charity.
“Ending with a successful event in Las Vegas made 2015 one of the strongest auction years in terms of overall sales and attendance for Barrett-Jackson,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “We kicked off the year with our Scottsdale auction featuring the Ron Pratte Collection, one of the broadest and most eclectic collections in the world. It was also our debut broadcast on Discovery and Velocity. The momentum from Scottsdale continued to build throughout the year and we look forward to bringing the excitement that only our events can deliver to fans next year as part of our 45th anniversary.”
The top five vehicles sold during the Las Vegas auction include:
- 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 – $330,000 (Lot #738)
- 2005 Ford GT – $291,500 (Lot #711)
- 1966 Ford Fairlane 500 R-Code – $275,000 (Lot #743) (World record at auction)
- 2012 Falcon Series 1F7 VIN #001 – $198,000 (Lot #724)
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette 430 Custom Convertible – $192,500 (Lot #742)
“Our Las Vegas auction creates an electric atmosphere that is perfect for the Entertainment Capital of the World,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “We’re especially proud of the role Barrett-Jackson plays in the support of charities that benefit wonderful organizations across the country. With all the generosity of our bidders, we raised $750,000 in support of the Fisher House Foundation, College for Creative Studies and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.”
The three charity cars that sold for charity during the Las Vegas auction included:
- 2013 Chevrolet Camaro COPO #005 – $115,000 (Lot #3000) to benefit the Fisher House Foundation
- 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 – $135,000 (Lot #3001) to benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- 2016 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R Z06 VIN #001 – $500,000 (Lot #3002) to benefit the College for Creative Studies
On Saturday, the Barrett-Jackson executive team along with officials from Mohegan Sun took center stage to announce Barrett-Jackson’s first auction in the Northeast. The new auction will take place at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut, June 23-25, 2016.
“Our Mohegan Sun auction is an exciting step for growing the collector car hobby,” said Jackson. “People have been eager for a Barrett-Jackson auction near major metropolitan markets like New York and Boston. A world-class facility like Mohegan Sun is perfectly situated to bring all of the Barrett-Jackson action to the Northeast corridor.”
The 45th Anniversary Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction will be held January 23-31, 2016, at WestWorld of Scottsdale. Coverage of the Scottsdale auction will be broadcast live on Velocity and Discovery. To consign a vehicle, click here. For more information on becoming a bidder, follow the link to www.Barrett-Jackson.com/Bidder/Home.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, is the leader in collector car auctions and automotive lifestyle events. The company produces auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona; Palm Beach, Florida; Uncasville, Connecticut, at Mohegan Sun; and Las Vegas, Nevada. With broadcast partners Velocity and Discovery Channel, Barrett-Jackson featured nearly 100 hours of live television coverage in 2015, including broadcasts in over 100 countries internationally. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance for collector vehicles and other valued belongings.
For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit http://www.Barrett-Jackson.com, or call 480-421-6694.
EMAIL CONTACT: RScearce@Barrett-Jackson.com