Walker Zanger, in partnership with Architectural Digest, announces the Walker Zanger Kaza Design Competition judging panel, which includes prominent figures in architecture and interior design: Rafael de Cárdenas, Stephanie Goto, Victoria Hagan, Ryan Korban, Jennifer Post, and Nathan Turner.
“We are thrilled to present such experienced and accomplished judges for the Kaza Design Competition who will ultimately select the winning tile design,” said Walker Zanger Vice President of Design and Marketing Jared Becker.
The Kaza Design Competition offers aspiring and established designers and architects the chance to have their original tile design added to Walker Zanger’s Kaza collection and earn royalties from the product’s sales.
“Architectural Digest is proud to partner with Walker Zanger on their inaugural competition, supporting the design community with a great opportunity for a designer or architect to have their product manufactured,” said Giulio Capua, Architectural Digest Publisher and Chief Revenue Officer. “We look forward to seeing the creativity that comes from the entries and great design being turned into a tangible product.”
- Rafael de Cárdenas: Prior to founding his own design firm in 2006, de Cárdenas worked at Calvin Klein as a men’s collection designer and at Imaginary Forces as creative director. He has been included in AD 100, Architectural Digest’s list of top 100 designers from 2014-2016, named a featured designer for AD France Collector, and was recognized as Designer of the Year by Maison & Objet Americas in 2016.
- Stephanie Goto: In 2004, Goto founded the architecture and design studio STEPHANIEGOTO with a commitment to the creation of innovative spaces and experiences through integrating architecture with art, graphics, food, fashion and lifestyle. Named in 2015 as Architectural Digest’s “Top Ten Firms to Watch,” Goto’s international commissions focus on the architecture and interiors of cultural, hospitality, residential and commercial projects.
- Victoria Hagan: Since founding her firm 25 years ago, Hagan’s 26-person company works on luxury residences throughout the country, providing a full range of interior design and renovation services, all bearing her signature classic American style.
- Ryan Korban: Korban developed his unique aesthetic—characterized by a mix of luxury, old-world romance, and urban cool—without any formal training. Drawing on inspirations ranging from Monet paintings to Helmut Newton photographs, he creates seductive, wondrous spaces that redefine traditional design for a new generation.
- Jennifer Post: Post is the award-winning principal and visionary of Jennifer Post Design, Inc. and is the originator of the firm’s simple, elegant, minimalist design style with white spaces that are functional, ethereal and warm. Her work has earned her a place on Architectural Digest’s AD100 list of the best architects and designers in the world for the past 13 consecutive years.
- Nathan Turner: Turner successfully merged his greatest passions—design, travel and food—into his eponymous shop in Los Angeles. His store has become an expression of his years of traveling, a faithful source for the country’s leading interior designers, as well as some of the most stylish individuals from coast to coast.
Entries for the Kaza Design Competition will be accepted until September 30, and the winner will be announced in November at a celebratory event in New York City. For more information about the panel of judges, please visit walkerzanger.com/kazadesigncompetition.
About Walker Zanger
For more than 60 years, Walker Zanger, the world’s most comprehensive stone and tile company, has been combining traditional tile-making techniques with a modern sophistication that transcends any singular design style. A leading choice for design professionals and consumers, Walker Zanger natural stone and tile products can be found in luxury homes, trendy boutiques, lavish spas and resorts, famed museums and fine restaurants around the globe. Walker Zanger is available through 14 beautiful showrooms and more than 150 authorized dealers nationwide. To learn more about Walker Zanger and its line of products, visit www.walkerzanger.com.
About Architectural Digest
Architectural Digest is the international design authority. AD provides exclusive access to the world’s most beautiful homes and the fascinating people who live in them, bringing its audience a wealth of information on architecture and interior design, art and antiques, travel destinations, and extraordinary products; its AD100 list of top architects and designers is one of the industry’s most relied-upon indexes of talent. Every day Architectural Digest inspires millions of readers to redesign and refresh their lives through a multiplatform presence that includes print and digital editions, social media, signature events, and the brand’s website, archdigest.com.