NEW & CLASSIC BENTLEYS, MEXICAN ESTATE, CUSTOMIZED JET, BACKYARD AQUARIUM, AND VIP OLYMPICS TRIP HIGHLIGHT ROBB REPORT’S 28TH ANNUAL ULTIMATE GIFT GUIDE
21 Extraordinary Gifts Represent More Than $390 Million in Value
MALIBU, CA – A $3 million pairing of new and classic Bentleys; an $18 million Mexican estate; a $260 million personally customized Boeing 787; an $11 million backyard aquarium; and a $900,000 VIP trip to the 2012 London Summer Olympics are just some of the exclusive items—collectively worth more than $390 million—in Robb Report magazine’s 28th annual Ultimate Gift Guide.
Now on newsstands, the eagerly awaited “Ultimate Gift Guide” is also presented to tablet users with an extensive offering of enhancements, including videos, slideshows, and interviews.
Answering the question of what to give when cost is no object, the Ultimate Gift Guide offers 21 exceptional presents, including automotive masterpieces, and one-of-a-kind travel experiences. These gifts have been developed exclusively for readers of Robb Report, the world’s most acclaimed journal of connoisseurship. This year’s list includes:
- The quintessential open-air driving experience for the definitive British motorcar enthusiast, pairing a 1927 Bentley 6½ Litre Vanden Plas Sports Tourer with a made-to-order 2012 Bentley Continental GTC convertible. Valued at $3.36 million, the gift includes first-class airfare for two on British Airways, an exclusive visit to the fabled Bentley factory in Crewe, England, two nights of lodging at nearby Nunsmere Hall Hotel, and a one-night stay at London’s Lanesborough Hotel.
- An $18 million Mexican estate. Set on Mexico’s stunning Costa Alegre, Sol de Oriente is one of three cliff-top villas built by real estate developer Gian Franco Brignone and French architect Jean Claude Galibert. Set on a peak, the castlelike villa features six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, an ocean-view terrace, a sprawling sundeck, and an 11,000-square-foot infinity pool that hugs the property like a moat.
- A $260 million, fully customizable Boeing 787 “Dreamliner” VIP. A private-jet version of Boeing’s highly anticipated new wide-body will be ordered by acclaimed New York designer Edése Doret. Following extensive consultations, which include visits to the buyer’s home, Doret will create and build out a fully customized interior. Personalized options could include multipurpose seats with the latest technological innovations, lounge and dining areas, teak flooring, mosaic wall tiles, and an LED celestial ceiling.
- An $11 million backyard aquarium. Okeanos Aquascaping, the New York–based builder of customized ponds and aquariums, will create a magical underwater world-in-one that will provide the ultimate face-to-face marine life experience. The gift comprises a 30-foot-by-60-foot freshwater swimming pool sharing two walls with a 50,000-gallon saltwater aquarium, which will run from the bottom of the swimming pool to 15 feet above its surface. Also included are options for marine life, such as black-tip reef sharks, triggerfish, angelfish, and moray eels.
- First-class accommodations and tickets to every event at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Canadian travel innovators Roadtrips will arrange for “best of the best” seating to every event at each of the 34 Olympic venues for all 26 sports during the 2012 Summer Games in London. Valued at $907,500, the gift includes first-class travel, airport pickup in a Rolls-Royce, and an 18-night stay in The Ritz London’s two-bedroom Berkeley Suite.
Rounding out the 21 Ultimate Gifts are additional once-in-a-lifetime presents—timepieces, one-of-a-kind travel excursions, and more—offered exclusively to Robb Report readers.
About Robb Report
Now in its 35th year, Robb Report is the international authority on the luxury lifestyle. The brand, in its digital and print forms, reports on exceptional products and services for the affluent connoisseur. Coverage includes automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, art, dining, jewelry, watches, fashion, travel, homes, wines, spirits, and cigars. For more information, visit the Robb Report website at Robbreport.com.
# # #
Jeff Perlman/Brandware Public Relations