“California is a paradise on the Pacific, a place of mythic proportions blessed with an intoxicating climate. Its monumental natural landscapes, including ocean, mountains, and barren sweeps of desert, fill the senses and invite romantic interpretation.” These words from author Nancy Goslee written in her book, The Gardens of California, inspired the theme for the 25th Annual Southern California Spring Garden Show, “Celebrating the Gardens of Southern California.”
The Spring Garden Show transforms South Coast Plaza into a gardening oasis. Awe inspiring display gardens created by landscape designers and horticulture university students for competition will celebrate the intoxicating Southern California climate and the unique ability to spend 12 months of the year outside. The event also showcases a diverse and outstanding selection of unusual and exotic plants, garden tools, garden ornaments and art from California vendors, children’s programs, an informative speaker series as well as a remarkable floral centerpiece.
John Gidding, architect, interior designer and HGTV’s Curb Appeal host will open the Spring Garden Show Thursday, April 24that 10:00am. John will share his favorite projects and the design process behind them; from landscape to architecture. Sunset Magazine, Associate Editor Johanna Silver, will present the hottest trends in home design and outdoor living ideas suited to the Pacific region gardens. Johanna will speak Friday, April 25th at 10:00am and Saturday, April 26th at 4:00pm. Throughout the weekend there will be over 30 garden experts addressing topics ranging from eco-friendly vegetable growing, organic gardening to landscaping that requires little to no watering.
Over 100,000 garden enthusiasts from all over California are expected to visit South Coast Plaza and the 25th Annual Spring Garden Show throughout the 4 days.
Experiences at the Spring Garden Show:
- Stunning display gardens designed by landscape architects, designers and horticulture students
- Over 75 specialty garden lifestyle vendors offering everything from exotic plants to the latest garden accessories
- More than 30 seminars and book signings by national garden professionals and authors
- For the kids – garden projects, crafts, storytellers, exotic animal shows and more
- Floral Garden Show centerpiece designed by Fiesta Floats of Arcadia
WHEN: April 24– April 27, 2014
- Thursday, April 24: 10am – 9pm
- Friday, April 25: 10am – 9pm
- Saturday, April 26: 10am – 8pm
- Sunday, April 27: 11:00am – 6:30pm
WHERE: South Coast Plaza’s Crate & Barrel/Macy’s Home Store Wing, 3333 Bear Street (All three levels), Costa Mesa, CA 92626
San Diego Freeway (405) at Bristol Street or San Joaquin Corridor (73) at Bear Street
For more information call (800) 782-8888 or visit www.SpringGardenShow.com.
Parking and admission are free.