Collection: Tiffany & Co.’s Blue Book
The highly anticipated annual Blue Book collection showcases some of the world’s most exceptional and hard-to-find gemstones and diamonds in designs that portray a newfound modernity and lightness. In the hands of Tiffany & Co. design director Francesca Amfitheatrof, these important stones take center stage in wearable designs that exhibit a unique flexibility and suppleness. Far from fussy and formal, this high-jewelry collection delivers luxury and beauty without the pomp and circumstance. (tiffany.com)
By The Numbers
- 200: Pieces in the 2016 (171st) Blue Book collection.
- $80 million: Approximate value of the collection.
- 15: Colors of diamonds in the series.
- 30: Different stone cuts.
- 52.8: Weight, in carats, of the Blue Book’s largest stone, an aquamarine set in a triple-row necklace.
- 18: Months it took to complete the collection.
- $15 million: Price of the Blue Book’s most expensive piece, a design comprising a 40.22-carat internally D-flawless diamond pendant on a diamond-and-platinum necklace.