LANAI, HAWAII (April, 2015) – Whether you’re proposing to your future bride or groom, enjoying your Hawaiian honeymoon or celebrating a golden anniversary, the 90,000-acre island of Lanai is the perfect backdrop for romance.
With no stop lights, fast food chain stores or malls, the secluded island paradise is just nine miles from Maui yet offers a glimpse of Hawaii as it used to be, making it an ideal location for relaxing, reconnecting and kindling the fires.
Pop the Question
For an unforgettable proposal, the Love Specialists at Four Seasons Resorts Lanai can arrange any number of settings perfect for getting to Yes! with three new engaging experiences:
- Picture Perfect: Take a walk up to Lanai’s landmark Puu Pehe (Sweetheart Rock) next to Hulopoe Bay at sunset or the signature 12th hole at Manele Golf Course and get down on bended knee with jaw-dropping natural beauty setting the scene. To commemorate the event, local artist Mike Carroll will customize a watercolor or oil painting of the location complete with the couple’s names and date to mark the occasion.
- Love, Lanai Style: An epicurean experience lends an element of surprise to this island-wide proposal you won’t forget. Start off in Alberta’s Farm, which supplies 65% of NOBU LANAI’s produce. Herbs and vegetables for the day’s lunch won’t be the only thing harvested, as the proposal takes place amongst the greenery! Follow the garden tour with a private sushi rolling class, sake tasting and lunch at NOBU along with cookbooks and aprons to take home. Capture the proposal and weekend together in a professional engagement photography session all across Lanai.
- Let the Sparks Fly: For the ultimate unforgettable proposal, board a luxury Beneteau sailing yacht off Lanai’s coast for an evening’s adventure and propose against a backdrop of shimmering light and stunning fireworks in a display designed to truly dazzle. Custom-choreograph the light show to your courtship’s soundtrack, and then enjoy an intimate five-course dinner à deux at sea complete with wine pairings.
Hawaiʻi Marriage Made In Heaven
No matter how large or small the ceremony, Lanai offers a number of gorgeous locations to exchange vows. The wedding team at Four Seasons Resorts Lanai can assist with all aspects of planning from ceremony paperwork, site locations, wedding packages and more to make your special day as perfect as it can possibly be.
- If a toes-in-sand wedding is your dream, Hulopoe Beach, often named as one of Hawaii’s most beautiful beaches, is an ideal place to tie the knot.
- For a more adventurous send off, The Stables at Koele, in the lush upcountry, provide a more rustic backdrop complete with pine trees, horses, rolling hills and breathtaking sunsets.
- The Waterfall Gardens at Manele Bay offer magical, lilting music to accompany your ceremony along with botanical beauty all around.
- For celebrations to remember, incorporate different locales into your special occasion for a variety of views and experiences. Welcome guests with a reception at the Luau Gardens with an ocean front view, exchange your vows upcountry at Koele, and end the festivities with farewell brunch at VIEWS at Manele Golf Course or NOBU overlooking the Bay for a more contemporary ambiance.
We’re Just a Couple of ….
Couples celebrating an anniversary, in Hawaii for a honeymoon, renewing vows or seeking an escape will find the relaxed pace on Lānaʻi is perfectly suited for a romantic getaway, far from the madding crowds.
- Sail away into the Hawaiian sunset for a journey filled with romance. Trilogy Excursion’s sailing catamaran will carry couples across the waters as the sun dips into the ocean – light appetizers, cocktails and more make for a memorable evening.
- Book a table for two under the stars on a secluded ocean front location overlooking Hulopoe Bay. Enjoy a personalized five-course menu and wine pairing following a chef consultation. Watch the evening stars over dessert and coffee – no rush, the table is yours for the evening.
- Gallop away on horseback at The Stables at Koele. Your knowledgeable guides will take you on trails through scenic bluffs, cool, wooded forests, meadows and mountains. Stop for a moment together and catch a glimpse of Maui, Molokai, Kahoolawe and maybe even the Big Island to guarantee a romantic excursion.
- In the course of a relationship, there may be bumps in the road. Meet them head on and jump in a 4×4 from Dollar Lanai to explore and enjoy the island. Pack a picnic lunch and head to Halepalaoa Beach (Club Lanai) on the eastern side of the island. Named for the whales that frequent the area, this golden sandy beach is a quiet place to relax, sunbathe and paddle about – often with nary another beachcomber in sight!
About Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Manele Bay
Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Manele Bay is located on a pristine island a few miles west of Maui reflecting a simpler pace of life and the spirit of old Hawaii. Guests can enjoy an exclusive island getaway offering unique cultural adventures, myriad water and land activities and world-class tennis and golf. For more information, or to make a reservation, please contact Four Seasons at 1-800-321-4666, visit fourseasons.com/lanai/ or join our online communities at Facebook @FourSeasonsResortsLanai, Twitter @fslanai and instagram @fslanai.