Two spectacular Irish hotels, Ballyfin in County Laois and Dublin’s The Merrion, are joining together to create an authentic art experience with a new series of Inspiring Art Weekends. Each five-star hotel houses a private collection of art: 19th and 20th century pieces at The Merrion, and art from the mid 17th century onwards at Ballyfin.
The Inspiring Art Weekends will be offered on three occasions: October 11-13, 2013; April 4-6, 2014; and April 11-13, 2014. Each weekend will include art tours guided by the National Gallery of Ireland in Dublin and art connoisseur William Laffan at Ballyfin.
“Ballyfin is thrilled to partner with The Merrion to offer these art-inspired weekends. Travelers are becoming increasingly interested in experiential vacations focusing on food, art, culture, etc., allowing them to fully immerse in a destination. These new weekends do just that by highlighting some of the best art Ireland has to offer,” says Aileesh Carew, General Manager of Ballyfin.
Together, Ballyfin and The Merrion provide an intimate and in-depth prospectus of Irish art, while also capturing the creative Irish spirit that lives on today.
The Inspiring Irish Art Weekend package includes:
- One night’s accommodation at the Merrion including breakfast
- Private tour of The Merrion art collection by an expert from the National Gallery of Ireland
- Afternoon Art Tea with pastries inspired by The Merrion’s in-house artwork
- Dinner for two at the Merrion’s Michelin-starred Patrick Guilbaud Restaurant
- One night’s accommodation at Ballyfin including breakfast
- Private tour of Ballyfin’s art collection by Irish art expert William Laffen
- Cocktail reception and five-course dinner for two in the Ballyfin’s State Dining Room
- Transfer to and from airport and between hotels
The package is priced from €2,727 (approximately $3,570) based on double occupancy.