SAN DIEGO, CA (January 22, 2014) – Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa, the 45-acre luxury resort in prestigious Rancho Santa Fe, has been named a Forbes Travel Guide Star Award winner. Evaluated among 500 hotels and resorts, the recently renovated property and only Relais & Chateaux resort in Southern California, was hand-selected for excelling within the luxury travel market with its exquisite service and amenities by the esteemed organization.
“Our Star Ratings recognize the finest hotels, restaurants and spas in the world. These ratings serve as guideposts for consumers seeking exceptional travel experiences, and our primary mission is to serve the consumer,” said Michael Cascone, President of Forbes Travel Guide. “We’re proud to be associated with the new additions to our global list.”
In late 2011, Rancho Valencia closed its doors to undergo a massive $30 million property-wide renovation which comprised major updates including two new restaurants and a bar, Veladora and The Pony Room, an expanded fitness center, addition of the Serenity Yoga Pavilion, wine room, and a complete re-design of the 49 guest casitas and private three-bedroom Hacienda. Also included in the revitalization was the introduction of a brand new spa treatment menu and an enhanced range of more than 50 fitness classes offered per week.
“Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa is pleased to be recognized with this great honor, being named as one of the best hotels, spa and restaurants around the world from such a celebrated source,” says Jeff Jacobs, co-owner of Rancho Valencia along with his brothers Hal, Gary and Paul Jacobs. “This recognition illustrates our team’s strong dedication to continually offering the finest luxury experience to our guests.”
In addition to achieving the Forbes Travel Guide Star Award, since the reopening, over the past year, Rancho Valencia has garnered several additional awards as a result of the renovation and its enhanced amenities and superior service level. A sampling of accolades earned in 2013/2014 include:
- Condé Nast Traveler, March 2013: #22 Top 100 US Resort Spas
- Condé Nast Traveler, April 2013: 2013 Hot List – Best New Family-Friendly Hotels
- Successful Meetings, May 2013: Top Meeting Destinations in San Diego
- Modern Luxury Brides, June 2013: Top Ten Honeymoon Destinations
- Meetings & Conventions, June 2013: Top Meeting Destinations in San Diego
- ABC News, July 2013: Top Hotels with Amazing Amenities
- Redbook Magazine, July 2013: Top 10 Most Relaxing Spas in the U.S.
- Travel + Leisure, July 2013: 2013 World’s Best Awards : Top Resorts in the Continental U.S.
- The Hollywood Reporter, July 2013: Top 25 Fresh Escapes
- Organic Spa, August 2013: Top 10 Organic Spa Awards
- USA Today, August 2013: Top 10 Places to Play Tennis
- Wine Enthusiast, August 2013: Hotels with the Best Wine Offerings
- The New York Times, August 2013: Most Amazing Hotel Showers Around the World
- New York Post, August 2013: Top Southern California Hotel Facelifts
- Food & Wine, August 2013: Top Stylish Summer Resorts
- California Wedding Day, September 2013: Top 10 Haute List
- Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report, September 2013: 2013 Reader’s Choice Awards
- Forbes, October 2013: Travel Guide Hot 20 Hotels and Resorts
- Condé Nast Traveler, October 2013: 2013 Reader’s Choice Awards – Top Five Resorts in Southern California
- Riviera Magazine, October 2013: Top Hotels in Southern California
- Andrew Harper, January 2014: North America Grand Award Winner
- Andrew Harper, January 2014: Top 10 Gastronomic Highlight
- Andrew Harper, January 2014: Indelible Memory-California Spa Heaven
- Condé Nast Traveler, January 2014: Gold List
- Travel + Leisure, January 2014: 500 World’s Best Hotels
For a detailed explanation of how Forbes Travel Guide compiles its Star Ratings, visit www.forbestravelguide.com/about/ratings. To celebrate this award, Rancho Valencia is offering the “5 Star Classic” package February 1 to February 28. Guests will receive a $100 resort credit per stay. Rates start at $420 per night.
About Rancho Valencia: In October 2012, Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa reopened to guests after a 10-month, $30 million property-wide renovation. Since 1989, the award-winning Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa—Southern California’s only Relais & Châteaux property—has garnered a reputation as one of Southern California’s most sought after luxury resorts. Spanning 45 lush acres of gardens, trails, olive groves, casitas and more, this Mediterranean inspired, all-suite property offers the finest accommodations, service and programming that San Diego has to offer. Among the property’s offerings are 49 luxuriously appointed guest casitas with private patios, a three-bedroom Hacienda with a private pool and backyard, a world-class spa, fine dining restaurant and award-winning tennis program, as well as 12 residential villas. For more information, please visit www.ranchovalencia.com or call (800) 548-3664.