Hilton Nashville Downtown and Turnberry Hospitality along with local partner Corner Partnership announced today that Trattoria Il Mulino, the acclaimed casual chic restaurant concept from iconic Il Mulino New York, debuted its fourth trattoria location at Hilton Nashville Downtown on April 1, 2015.
Guests enjoy traditional Italian cuisine from the Abruzzi region of Italy under the direction of Il Mulino New York’s Executive Chef Michele Mazza with Chef Thomas Cook adding Nashville influences to the menu. The 5,600-square-foot restaurant features a bustling exhibition kitchen with a brick pizza oven and a lively outdoor patio for al fresco dining. The opening of Trattoria Il Mulino marked the completion of the all-suite hotel’s $32 million renovation.
“Trattoria Il Mulino will bring an authentic New York-style Italian culinary experience to the heart of Nashville, while perfectly completing the cosmopolitan setting of the newly renovated Hilton Nashville Downtown,” said Ray Waters, president, Turnberry Hospitality, a division of Turnberry Associates. “With Trattoria Il Mulino poised to become a culinary destination that celebrates approachable and authentic Italian dining in Nashville, we look forward to welcoming locals and travelers while marking our special place in Music City’s exciting culinary landscape.”
With a grand street entrance on 5th Avenue and an indoor-outdoor neighborhood setting, Trattoria Il Mulino brings culinary excitement to Hilton Nashville Downtown. The restaurant features an Abruzzese-inspired Italian menu that delivers Il Mulino New York’s celebrated cuisine, offering traditional flavors from Italy’s central Abruzzo region punctuated by modern and inventive dishes. The Nashville eatery is the fourth Trattoria Il Mulino, with other locations in New York, Orlando and Atlantic City.
“We are thrilled to bring Trattoria Il Mulino to Nashville and see the restaurant become part of the city’s thriving culinary scene,” said Jerry Katzoff, chairman, Il Mulino USA.
“With so much excitement for high-quality and innovative dining experiences in Nashville right now, we could not have picked a better city to open our fourth trattoria location,” said Brian Galligan, president, Il Mulino USA.
An upscale menu of Abruzzese-inspired Italian cuisine that infuses flavors of Music City features only the finest ingredients and offer authentic dishes paired with inventive new twists. Menu categories will include soups, salads, antipasti, salumi, cheeses, a raw bar, premium vegetables, brick-fired pizzas; pasta, seafood, meat entrees and dessert.
Menu highlights include:
- Signature Dishes – include burrata salad with watermelon and baby frisee, langostino with sautéed spinach and arugula and goat cheese ravioli
- Raw Bar Selection – tuna tartare, tuna carpaccio, east coast oysters and Mediterranean seafood salad
- Wine Selection – a curated selection of 190 wines from around the world, displayed in a beautiful, handcrafted wine cabinet
- Spirits – an extensive selection of grappa, bourbons, local whiskeys, and mixology cocktails
Designed by The Johnson Studio of Atlanta in collaboration with the corporate design team from Il Mulino New York, Trattoria Il Mulino offers a vibrant setting with 4,000 square feet of indoor dining space and 1,600 square feet of outdoor dining. The restaurant enjoys a prominent street presence with a main entrance on 5th Avenue in addition to being accessible from the hotel’s grand atrium lobby.
The design effortlessly combines old-world architectural elements that evoke authentic Italian trattorias with sleek, modern accents such as sculptural light fixtures and tinted mirror panels of red, orange and gold. Key features include a bustling exposition kitchen with a brick pizza oven, a centerpiece bar, beautiful outdoor patio with a separate bar, and private dining rooms.
- Interior Dining Areas – Interior dining areas are rooted in rustic elegance. Features include a wood-beam ceiling, brick floors, walnut millwork wainscot, custom wood and mirrored glass wine cabinets, and traditional diamond-tufted booths with dark chocolate faux leather. Also punctuating the space are contemporary design touches and sculptural light fixtures.
- Outdoor Patio – A street-level patio offers a cozy al-fresco setting, complete with a bar with wood-plank die wall and marble bar top. Guests are greeted by the iconic black and white awning from the original Il Mulino restaurant along with a blackened metal, arched entryway featuring backlit perforated panels.
- Exhibition Kitchen with Brick Pizza Oven – A bustling exposition kitchen is visible through large blackened metal and glass window panes, while finishes of terracotta glazed tile, white marble and walnut wood create a warm backdrop for a brick pizza oven.
- Centerpiece Bar – A vibrant bar makes a statement with a white Italian marble bar top and bronze mirror back bar surrounded by a walnut wood frame.
- Private Dining Rooms – Two private dining spaces are available to accommodate groups up to 70 guests. An intimate private dining room features a custom walnut wood table, architectural light fixtures and full audio/visual features. An interior dining area can also be transformed into a private dining room by closing glass sliding doors that are part of the window pane wall.
Hours of operation are: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for lunch Monday through Friday; 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. for dinner Sunday through Thursday; 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. for dinner on Friday and Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
The opening of Trattoria Il Mulino concludes the all-suite hotel’s $32 million comprehensive renovation. Other major hotel enhancements completed in 2014 include transformations across all 330 guest suites, the grand atrium lobby and lounge, meeting and event spaces, and business and fitness centers, as well as the introduction of a sophisticated new executive lounge.
For more information about Hilton Nashville Downtown and Trattoria Il Mulino, please visit http://trattoriailmulinonashville.com/.