Executive Chef Bryan Moscatello has just joined Calistoga Ranch in Napa Valley, where he is overseeing all culinary operations, including The Lakehouse fine dining restaurant, which celebrates Napa Valley’s authentic food and wine culture in a serene setting overlooking Lake Lommel.
Chef Moscatello joins Calistoga Ranch from The Little Nell in Aspen, Colo., where he earned a Forbes Five-Star award earlier in 2015 for Element 47. He was also honored with a “Best 10 New Chefs in America” honor in 2013 from Food & Wine. A member of the prestigious James Beard Foundation, he has been a featured chef at five James Beard dinners in New York City as well as a guest chef at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Highlights of dishes, programs and concepts Chef Moscatello is putting in place at Calistoga Ranch include:
Four-Season Garden – planned and plotted to support a 365-day growing cycle, featuring a bounty of produce and herbs for Chef’s seasonal menus during each of the four seasons
Bling, Bling: New Caviar Service – accompanied by blinis, brioche and crème fraiche, with Australian winter truffles and hand-cut egg noodles also available
New Tasting Menu – this hyper-seasonal menu is a culinary canvas for Chef Moscatello as dishes draw serious inspiration from the bounty of the garden and whimsy is on display with offerings including:
- House-made Squid Ink Bucatini – with rock shrimp, pickled chilies, prosciutto, crumbs
- Rabbit hamburger with seared foie gras and truffles (recently on the menu as the ever-changing burger of the week)
Exciting Dishes Inspired by the Spirit & Land of Napa Valley
- Pacific Petrale Sole – with smoky brioche purée, garden allium, asparagus velouté
- Roast California Quail – with T&J orchard apricots, lavender from Calistoga Ranch, goat cheese crisps
- Sauteed Foie Gras – with prosciutto, fig, onion pickles, wood sorrel
- Strawberries – with Calistoga Ranch lavender cream, black pepper brioche, vanilla ice cream
Calistoga Ranch-Raised Ingredients – the resort’s chicken coop – a glamorous home to its beloved chickens, complete with a crystal chandelier and framed artwork – is the source of Chef Moscatello’s farm-fresh egg dishes at The Lakehouse (guests can bring fresh eggs to the restaurant for custom egg dishes). Chef Moscatello also cultivates vegetables, fruits and herbs from the on-site garden for his seasonal dishes.
EMAIL CONTACT: email@example.com