NEW YORK, (September 17, 2015) – From ice-fishing and dog-sledding to night snowshoeing and skiing and first tracks, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts offer a variety of activities and excursions for those in search of a winter adventure this year. Unrivaled for their access to some of North America’s most sought-after mountains, Fairmont’s Canadian mountain properties make the most of their stunning locations and provide families, couples and friends with a luxurious home base for their exhilarating or relaxing winter getaway.
Fairmont Banff Springs
Set in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Fairmont Banff Springs offers un-paralleled winter activities with three extraordinary areas to discover – Sunshine Village, Lake Louise Mountain Resort and Ski Banff at Norquay. Guests can choose their desired terrain or take advantage of the Fairmont Ski School to learn technique or improve their skills on the slopes.
- Canyon Ice Walks: Join an intrepid guide to get up close and personal with this mysterious frozen world. The excursion proceeds along the bottom of the canyon, past the Lower Falls and over suspended catwalks to the Twin Pools and Upper Falls. Transportation and ice cleats are included – warm clothes are encouraged!
- Dog-Sledding: Jump on board a dogsled for an exhilarating ride with a team of huskies who will tear around corners and speed through the icy forest. This once-in-a-lifetime experience is a great way to see the area, with a variety of excursions lasting from two hours to a whole day. There is also the option to enjoy a moonlight dogsled ride as well as an overnight ride. Blankets and transportation to and from the trailhead are provided.
- Ice-Fishing: Ice fishing in Banff National Park takes place on the beautiful Spray Lakes. Wrapped up warm, guests can fish the lakes for trout or white fish from the comfort of a heated hut on the ice. After a fun morning on the lake, guests can cook their catch on site for the freshest of dining experiences. Fishing licenses can be purchased through the hotel and transfers are provided to and from the property.
Book the Luxury Ski the Canadian Rockies Package and receive two tri-area ski passes per room, per night valid at Sunshine Village, Lake Louise Mountain Resort and Ski Banff at Norquay; shuttle service to and from the ski hill; daily breakfast; daily access pass to the Willow Stream Spa; and complimentary ski and snowboard storage. Available for stays from November 8, 2015 – April 30, 2016.
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria glacier and the glistening, frozen Lake Louise, guests at this iconic hotel have access to over 4,200 acres of skiable terrain, making Lake Louise one of the largest ski areas in North America. The range of terrain allows families and groups of varying abilities to ski together with beginner, intermediate and expert runs from every chair. The mountain offers an under-5’s-go-free policy, and expert skiers and boarders can explore the endless chutes, glades, gullies and remote bowls in some of the Rockies’ most challenging terrain.
- **New** Columbia Icefield Scenic Walk: The Columbia Icefield Glacier Experience, near Fairmont Lake Louise, is a must visit for those staying in the Canadian Rockies this winter. Take a walk back in time and explore the retreating path of the mighty Athabasca Glacier. This two-hour journey leads guests along the glacier’s meltwater examining the flora, fauna, human history in the area and ice that was formed from over 400 years of snowfall.
- Yoga & Ski Retreat: Fairmont Lake Louise’s successful Yoga & Ski Retreat arrives again this winter. The retreat focuses on how mindfulness can impact overall health, and allows guests to take part in fun winter sports, indulge in delicious meals at Fairmont Lake Louise, and breathe in the crisp fresh air of the mountains during two mixed-level flow style yoga sessions. The Yoga & Ski Retreat takes place February 19-21, 2016 and includes accommodations for two nights, breakfast and dinner on Saturday, brunch on Sunday, and all yoga, discussion and meditation classes.
- Night Owl Snow Shoeing: Explore the vast Alberta area on foot with an exciting night-time snow shoeing adventure. Journey into the woods and enter a world of stillness and mystery, listening to the calls of the nearby wildlife. If the skies are clear, guides will take the time to point out some of the great constellations overhead: Cassiopeia, the Great Bear and Orion the Hunter.
Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Located at the foot of the Blackcomb Mountain, in the heart of British Columbia’s Coast Mountain Range, Fairmont Chateau Whistler has more than 8,100 acres of skiable terrain, giving the area an unbeatable reputation for skiers of all standards. Fairmont Chateau Whistler is the ultimate luxury mountain experience with ski-in/ski-out access and the incredible PEAK 2 PEAK – the world’s highest and longest gondola, delivering mind-melting vistas and direct access to the tops of the mountains.
- Whistler Heli-Skiing: For guests looking to take their experience to the next level, to the pinnacle of Whistler’s skiing experience, Whistler Heli-Skiing has what it takes to go the extra distance. With exclusive rights to 432,000 acres of big mountain terrain that includes 173 glaciers and 475 runs, Whistler Heli-Skiing offers a variety of packages for everyone, from strong intermediates to seasoned experts. All heli-adventures are led by a professional, certified heli-ski guide and include the use of avalanche transceiver, on mountain lunch and return ground transportation from Whistler Village. The Guide will choose the best ski area for the day and will ski or board with the group.
- Fresh Tracks: The thrill of skiing un-touched powder is something avid skiers dream of and Fairmont Chateau Whistler makes this dream a reality. Early birds can board the Whistler Village Gondola at 7.15am and head up to the Roundhouse Lodge for a delicious, mountain-sized breakfast to prepare for a day on the slopes. Guests can get their fill of fresh powder or perfectly groomed slopes on the upper mountains before the rest of the world is even out of bed.
- Whistler Experience Guide: Fairmont Chateau Whistler goes above and beyond to help their guests explore the best terrain at Whistler Blackcomb, the No. 1 ski resort in North America. Their Whistler Experience Guide is a longtime local who tours groups of skiers and riders, based on ability, to the freshest snow, the best terrain and the most iconic views in the alpine. Touring the slopes with the Fairmont’s Whistler Experience Guide is free for all hotel guests seeking authentically local experiences off the beaten track. Additional winter adventures including snowshoeing and ice skating are also available.
Fairmont Le Château Frontenac
Fresh from its multimillion dollar renovation last year, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac remains the ultimate urban retreat for guests wanting to experience the thrills of the nearby slopes. A landmark in Québec City, the hotel is only twenty minutes from several of the area’s best mountains. Experience this wonderful destination for unforgettable skiing and snowboarding with optimal snow conditions, views of Battlefield Park, the citadel, Saint Lawrence River and Musée du Québec, and over 2,000km of cross-country ski trails.
- **New** Ski & Après-Ski: With an average annual snowfall of over 15 feet each year, Québec City is the perfect winter playground. After a full day of skiing, why do the after ski at the hill when you can do it in a stylish environment such as our bistro Le Sam? Our trend setting mixologists will be expecting you at the bar for a night of fun and more.
- Night Skiing: The Québec region is one of the few areas of the world where you can practice night skiing. Near Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, you’ll discover fifteen lighted trails at Mont-Sainte-Anne and sixteen trails at Stoneham. Take advantage of Canada’s largest night skiing center, followed by some very special après-ski.
Nestled at the foot of 96 beautiful ski trails made for all levels of skiers or snowboarders, Fairmont Tremblant has the best ski-in/ski-out access of the mountain resort village. Tremblant delivers year over year some of the most impeccable snow conditions in North America with the help of over 1000 snow guns. In 2015, Mont-Tremblant was rewarded once again by Ski Magazine as the #1 ski resort in Eastern North America and top 25 ski towns by National Geographic.
- **New **Flex Tremblant Ski Package: The most flexible ski package at Fairmont Tremblant, including accommodations and a $200 credit on ski services including: ski lift, ski equipment rental and/or ski school. Fairmont President’s Club members receive an exclusive $50 credit applicable on Food and Beverage. All ski services arrangements must be charged to room and booked with the team of knowledgeable hotel concierges.
- Tremblant Privilege benefits: Guests of Fairmont Tremblant can take advantage of various free activities in the heart of the pedestrian village. Privileges include free access for the first tracks to enjoy early morning perfect ski conditions, evening tubing family fun and skating on the distinctive outdoor ice rink including equipment.
- Tremblant direct flight from Toronto: Visiting Fairmont Tremblant has never been easier. The resort is only 35 km from Mont-Tremblant International Airport and 90 minutes from Montreal-Trudeau International Airport, and can be reached by direct flights with Porter Airlines and Air Canada. Convenient shuttle service to/from Fairmont Trembant is also offered for a stress free perfect winter travel experience.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts connects guests to the very best of its destinations, providing travelers with memorable travel experiences, thoughtful and attentive service and luxury hotels that are truly unforgettable. Each Fairmont property reflects the locale’s energy, culture and history through locally inspired cuisine, spirited bars and lounges and distinctive design and decor. With more than 70 hotels globally, and many more in development, the Fairmont collection boasts some of the most iconic hotels in the world, including The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai andFairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City. Fairmont is owned by FRHI Hotels & Resorts, a leading global hotel company that operates more than 130 hotels and branded residential properties under theRaffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands. For more information or reservations, please visit fairmont.com.
EMAIL CONTACT: Hadley.Schroll@frhi.com