Some of the most eye-catching stories on Robb Report are those that feature the futuristic designs of models still on the drawing board or in the testing stages. We pulled together the 10 most-read posts highlighting aircraft concepts, from helicopters to corporate jets, and flying cars to remote-controlled passenger drones. These are the stories that resonated with our readers in 2017.
1. Bell Helicopter’s Futuristic Helicopter Concept
Bell Helicopter’s Bell FCX-001 aims to make helicopters smarter, safer, more efficient, and easier to fly.
2. Order your $35 Million Citation Hemisphere Jet Now
Deliveries of the corporate jet are scheduled for 2020.
3. A Flying Car Is Taking off Near the Motor City
Detroit Flying Cars hopes to have its WD-1 in the air by next year.
4. Over-the-Top Bespoke Interiors for Your Private Jet
Five private-jet interior concepts that demonstrate air travel can be anything but boring.
5. NASA Nixes the Boom
6. Airbus Reveals High-Speed Helicopter Project Racer
7. A Chat with the Inventor of the Samson Motors Switchblade Flying Sports Car
The flying sports car models include a $500,000 version with a bespoke interior and unique exterior features.
8. Lilium Raises $90 Million for Electric-Powered Jet
The Germany-based company continues to develop its VTOL craft and will hire new employees.
9. Climb Aboard This Drone for a Remote-Controlled Commute
10. Airbus Is Serious About Unsnarling Your Commute
The global aviation company and its various partners are making flying cars and helicopter ride-sharing a reality.