Mandarin Oriental, Miami, and Peruvian gallery MORBO welcome guests to enjoy a special exhibition of contemporary art titled “Pure Abstraction” during the prestigious Art Basel Miami Beach from Dec. 3 to 6, 2015.
- The hotel’s waterfront Peruvian restaurant La Mar by Gastón Acurio, “Pure Abstraction” will feature artworks by internationally recognized contemporary street artist and award-winning painter Alex Brewer, known as HENSE.
- On Thursday, Dec. 3, 2015 from 7-9 p.m., La Mar will host an evening fusing art, music and technology. Guests will have the opportunity to meet HENSE and discuss his works, followed by an exclusive performance by Pauchi Sasaki of Peru. During Sasaki’s performance, she wears a dress of speakers which allows her to mix live violin performance with electronic music through sensors on her hands. A special menu inspired by the art and performance will be presented by La Mar Executive Chef Diego Oka.
Shop with a designer package
Now through April 30, 2015, the property, located near the ultra-stylish neighborhoods of Wynwood and the Miami Design District will offer a Shop with a Designer package, with personalized home and design tours to Miami’s under-the radar shops and upscale boutiques tailored by celebrity designer and style editor Courtney Cachet. Guests may specify one or more themes they prefer to experience or draw a “Cachet Choice” card, which allows them to discover a surprise hodgepodge of Miami shops, ateliers and artisans curated by Cachet based on their needs.
Package is priced from $1,950 and includes:
- Accommodations for two nights
- Daily American breakfast for two
- Half-day guided tour of Wynwood and the Miami Design District with celebrity designer Courtney Cachet and chauffeured transportation
- Gift set from Courtney Cachet
Mandarin Oriental, Miami is part of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s acclaimed collection of deluxe properties around the world. Widely recognized as the premier luxury hotel company, the Group now operates 29 properties in 15 countries and brings its unique blend of 21st century luxury and oriental charm to its famed hotels, resorts and residences in prime locations globally.