For its inaugural exhibition and sale, Miami Art Masters will take place December 1st through December 6th, 2015 at an exclusive, private residence on Hibiscus Island, located between South Beach and Downtown Miami. Designed by award-winning architects, Touzet Studio, the residence provides a spectacular backdrop to a curated selection of Old Master paintings and drawings, along with contemporary art and design objects. Lyrically weaving museum quality Old Master artworks in conjunction with the presence of contemporary works, Miami Art Masters will offer a unique viewing opportunity, for both the seasoned and emerging collector.
Running concurrent with Art Basel Miami Beach, which attracts thousands of visitors to South Beach annually, Miami Art Masters promises an experience unlike any other, not only through the diverse presentation of historically important works of art but also by participating in an active contemporary dialogue merging elements of the past along with those representing our current time. This invitation-only exhibition and sale will be held in an expansive 12,000 square foot private home unlike many familiar art fair venues. With the goal of bridging the disconnect between artistic periods and art constituencies, Miami Art Masters will create an atmosphere where old meets new and where the dissimilar styles not only beautifully coexist but also engage in a compelling dialogue, adding richness to one’s surroundings.
Spanning 500 years, ranging from the 14th Century to the 19th Century, fifty works of art by prominent historic artists such as Jean-Honoré Fragonard, Bartolomé Esteban Murillo, Lo Scarsellino, Filippo Tarchiani, and Jean-Baptiste Oudry will be part of a highly anticipated showcase. Further complementing this selection of Old Master works, the team of specialists will integrate an assemblage of contemporary art and design, by internationally acclaimed galleries and designers such as Ralph Pucci, Herve Van der Straeten, and Paul Mathieu in conjunction with artists such as Tracey Emin, Cecily Brown, and Candida Höfer, among others. Set in a contemporary interpretation of a classic Parisian Hôtel Particulier, this art happening offers visitors and locals alike a taste of luxury.
Miami Art Masters, 2015 is delighted to create and present an exciting and wonderfully unique exhibition and sale, contributing to Miami’s vibrant artistic community. It will expand upon, rather than detract, from what is already being offered throughout the city.
- Benedetta Corsini is an independent art consultant and Old Masters Paintings Specialist based in Milan, and former President of the renowned Old Master paintings gallery, Piero Corsini, Inc., New York.
- Karen LaGatta brings more than 20 years of experience to the contemporary art world. She has served as a Director for some of the most prestigious NYC Galleries; in addition, she is an independent art consultant and publisher of limited editions by internationally renowned artists.
- Paul Philippe Vögele is the proprietor of the Hibiscus Island Residence and Founder of Miami Art Masters; in addition, he is a commercial real estate professional, with extensive experience in publishing, and classical art and architecture.
- Interior Design by Linda Zarifi: Zarifi Design is a full service boutique design firm specializing in high-end residential and hospitality design. With extensive training in the NYC design scene, Zarifi brings bespoke interiors embodying contemporary luxury to Miami. (www.zarifidesign.com)
- December 1 – 6, 2015, Hibiscus Island, Miami Beach; www.miamiartmasters.com
- By invitation and appointment only
- The exhibition is not open to the public.
- Invitation is non-transferrable. No admission fee.
- RSVP required. Space is limited.
- On-site parking is very limited; guests are advised to come by private car or Uber.
To request a visit to the Miami Art Masters exhibition, please email email@example.com. Guests will receive a confirmation email, as requests are received.
- Tuesday, December 1st: Press Preview 4-6PM; VIP Preview 6-9PM
- Wednesday, December 2nd: VIP First Open, Noon-6PM
- Thursday, December 3rd: Noon – 6PM; Private Reception 6-9PM
- Friday, December 4th: Noon – 6PM
- Saturday, December 5th: Noon – 6PM
- Sunday, December 6th: Noon – 6PM
*The exhibition will extend through January 17, 2016, by appointment only.
For General Information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org