Shanghai, November 6, 2014 – Anantara Vacation Club, Asia’s leading luxury shared ownership concept for discerning travellers, is pleased to share with the China market its recent brand developments and high-level of activities. Anantara Vacation Club continues to innovate in the often misconstrued shared ownership industry, and remains at the forefront of the Asia market in this evolving category. The young company comprising shared holiday club resorts has grown in size and added more destinations since its inception in 2010. Anantara Vacation Club’s over 5,100 Club Owners are afforded an unparalleled level of hospitality as well as authentic traditions, activities, and an immersion into the unique spirit of each distinct destination. In particular, as the brand continues to grow awareness in China, the number of Chinese Club owners has increased by 117% over the last 12 months.
“Anantara Vacation Club has had an eventful year with several new initiatives, and we’re pleased to share our stories and success with the Chinese market,” said Martin Tolan, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Anantara Vacation Club. “Activities over the past year have included a revamped preview center in Mai Khao, Phuket, the launch of recipe-sharing platform, signing on an incredible professional golfer Jack Munro as brand ambassador, and building an enhanced digital presence including a mobile app and refreshed website. Every new program or enhancement we implement is in direct response to our owner’s preferences and feedback, and we look forward to continuing to grow and serve our loyal owners for years to come.”
As part of Anantara Vacation Club’s enhanced digital and social presence, the company will soon debut a social media contest campaign for fans to engage and interact with the brand in a whole new, personalized manner.
Highlights of Anantara Vacation Club’s recent news are as follows:
- Revamped High-Tech Preview Gallery in Phuket: Anantara Vacation Club recently announced renovations to its 9,100-square-foot state-of-the-art preview gallery in Mai Khao, Phuket. With technological innovation at the core of the revamp, the thoughtfully designed expanded space will accommodate more staff members, in effort to meet higher traffic. A new guest lounge, reception area, and expanded kids club have been implemented into the space, as well as enlarged private meeting rooms that feature individual large-screen computers to showcase presentations specifically customized to each visitor.
- Robust Digital Presence: Anantara Vacation Club’s recently launched innovative website (www.anantaraclub.com) features a new look and feel, enhanced functionality, and intuitive navigation that makes it easy for guests and club owners to explore resort information and book their holiday trips online. Each resort page lists its unique accommodations and amenities along with a gallery of stunning photography that showcase the resort, along with a page highlighting key local attractions and activities. Club Owners can also access account information and manage points.
- Customer Service Accolades: In March of this year, Anantara Vacation Club announced that it had achieved an enviable rating of 89.2 for customer service in the Market Metrix Hospitality Index (MMHI) customer service report. The quarterly report from MMHI, considered the world leader in providing benchmark data for the hospitality industry, is based on feedback from guests before, during and after their stay. This level of customer satisfaction places the company at the top of its sector in the industry, offering Club Owners a unique opportunity for shared ownership that presents unique access to some of the world’s most dynamic vacation destinations.
- Award-Winning Projects: Anantara Vacation Club’s Phuket Mai Khao property received two prestigious awards from the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) earlier this year, including one for Resort Architecture and one of the organization’s highest honors, the ACE International Project of Excellence Award: International Developer. The ARDA Circle of Excellence (ACE) awards recognize those that have attained the highest level of excellence in the resort industry and whose accomplishments and dedication spur the industry to new heights. The award-winning property is located in Mai Khao Beach on the West Coast of Thailand’s world-renowned island of Phuket, and represents Anantara Vacation Club’s first purpose-built Signature Club Resort.
- High-Profile Brand Ambassadors: Professional golfer Jack Munro was recently appointed Brand Ambassador of Anantara Vacation Club. The charismatic young Australian who made his mark on the 2014 Asian Tour is providing AVC with brand exposure while offering Club Owners exclusive golf insights and opportunities to participate in one-of-a-kind professional clinics and experiences.
- Food and Beverage Resources: “A Taste of Anantara Vacation Club at Home” was launched this past summer as a platform for sharing signature recipes incorporating traditional ingredients from AVC’s renowned chefs and mixologists. Recipes ranging from refreshing cocktails to aromatic entrees and tantalizing desserts speak to the various Anantara Vacation Club property destinations, incorporating cultural elements of what one might expect when visiting the region. Each recipe includes a background story of the cocktail or dish in order to bring a bit of history to the table. “A Taste of AVC at home” can be found on AVC’s blog (http://blog.anantaravacationclub.com) and through the Club’s social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Anantara Vacation Club
Launched in 2010, Anantara Vacation Club (AVC) is a unique Shared Holiday Ownership concept offering Club Owners stays in destinations across Asia and beyond with a flexible points system.
The Club Resort Collection includes a Signature Club Resort in Phuket and luxury private villas on Koh Samui in Thailand and Bali in Indonesia, plus suites in Queenstown in New Zealand, Bangkok in Thailand and Sanya in China. Over the next five years, the Club will add up to 10 additional resorts. Club Owners can enjoy stays at 29 Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas in eight countries worldwide, under the Club Escapes Privileges Program, with more properties scheduled to open. An affiliation with Resort Condominiums International (RCI) opens up access to over 4,000 resorts worldwide to Club Owners. Preview centres are found in Bali, Koh Samui, Phuket, Shanghai and Sanya.