During “Semana Santa,” or Holy Week, when Mexico explodes with traditional Easter pageantry, Viceroy Zihuatanejo will celebrate the holiday with special dining events and offerings, enhanced beach amenities, a Kids Concierge, petting zoo and egg hunt.
“Semana Santa is the perfect time for a family getaway to Viceroy Zihuatanejo not only because we have so many special activities and events at the resort, but also to experience the colorful festivities taking place in the local community,” said Martin Kipping, general manager of this chic resort on Mexico’s Pacific coast.
- A gourmet Easter Menu will be served at La Marea on Easter Saturday.
- A lavish breakfast buffet on Easter Sunday will be complemented by a petting zoo.
- Beach time during Semana Santa – on the resort’s 600-foot beachfront with day beds, lounge chairs, a Spa Palapa for treatments to the sounds of the waves, and warm, calm waters for swimming – will feature enhanced beach amenities, from refreshing treats to cooling spritzes.
- A sushi bar will be offered on selected nights at the Coral Bar.
- At a coconut station, guests can enjoy fresh coconut and coconut drinks.
The Easter Kids Concierge will organize a Roger Rabbit Egg hunt on Easter Sunday, as well as an array of other activities and programs for the little ones – freeing parents to enjoy a side-by-side Couple’s Massage, Margaritas at the Coral Bar or simply relax at the pool while their children have a fantastic time.
During Easter Week, the streets of Zihuatanejo will come alive with colorful decorations, religious ceremonies, processions through the heart of the town, and traditional music. Meanwhile, adjacent Ixtapa will be holding its first Expo Feria March 27 to April 12 offering musical entertainment, a casino, artisanal exhibitions, fireworks and more.