Anantara invites you to one of Thailand’s biggest charitable events for 2014, The King’s Cup Elephant Polo Tournament. Now in its 13th successful year, this year’s event will move from its original home of Hua Hin to the Thai capital of Bangkok from August 27 to 31, and promises to have more nail-biting action both on and off the field.
This year’s event will have 16 teams encompassing over 50 players, including local television stars, supermodels and professional polo players. The elephant festival will have something for everyone including an impressive opening parade, Children’s Day, Ladies Day and wide a range of fun elephant related activities for the whole family.
A total of 50 street elephants will take part in this year’s tournament, during which they are well fed, provided with a native forest environment, and receive essential vitamin supplements, full veterinary checks and care for the duration of the event. Street life and ‘unemployment’ can be tough for an elephant, walking through crowded tourist areas and busy roads for ten hours a night, forced to rest during the day on small green spaces within the cities, often without shade and water. The King’s Cup schedule is deliberately designed to give these elephants rest and relaxation on a scale they are never afforded in their ‘normal’ lives. Over $US750,000 has been raised from the tournament and donated to projects that better the lives of Thailand’s wild and domesticated elephant population.
Due to the popularity of the tournament the event will move from the Royal seaside town of Hua Hin to the Siam Polo Park at VR Sports Club in Bangkok. With the move, Anantara’s three Bangkok properties – Anantara Baan Rajprasong, Anantara Bangkok Sathorn and Anantara Bangkok Riverside – are offering a special Pachyderms and Polo package to get guests into the swing of the games during their stay.
Guests will look the part with free souvenir polo player shirts, free entrance to the tournament where they can have their photo taken with the players and enjoy the wide range of activities and games. Then after each enthralling day, guests will travel back to their hotel to relax in five star luxury, with all transfers between the hotel and pitch and a daily breakfast included.
Prices start from: Anantara Bangkok Sathorn THB 3,900++; Anantara Baan Rajprasong THB 5,480++; Anantara Bangkok Riverside THB 5,800++ and the package includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation or more for two people
- Daily breakfast for two people
- Polo Tournament entrance
- Shuttle transfers to polo pitch
- Polo team shirt for two people
- Pitchside lunch at Anantara tent
- Complimentary pitchside spa treatment
For more information on the 13th Annual King’s Cup Elephant Polo Tournament, please visit www.anantaraelephantpolo.com.
Package terms and conditions:
- For stays only from August 27 to September 1, 2014.
- All rates are subject to 10% service charge and 7% applicable government tax.
- The rates quoted are per night, include discount, subject to seasonal variations and change without notice.
- Rate noted above is based on recent currency exchange data. The rate indicated on your confirmation is in the official hotel currency and will be charged at that rate on check out.
- Minimum two night consecutive stay required.
- Subject to availability and a cancellation policy.
- The above benefits may not be used in conjunction with any other discount or exchanged for any other service or cash.
About Anantara: For hundreds of years throughout Thailand, people would leave a jar of water outside their house to provide refreshment and extend a welcome to the passing traveller. Anantara is taken from an ancient Sanskrit word that means ‘without end’, symbolising this sharing of water and the heartfelt hospitality that lies at the core of every Anantara experience.
From lush jungles to pristine beaches and legendary deserts to cosmopolitan cities, Anantara currently boasts 30 stunning properties located in Thailand, the Maldives, Bali, Vietnam, China, Cambodia, Mozambique and the United Arab Emirates; with future properties to open in Thailand, China, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Laos, Qatar and Oman.