Jade Mountain, recently named the Number One Caribbean Resort by Travel + Leisure, is not just a dramatic, luxurious getaway overlooking St. Lucia’s famed Piton peaks. It’s also a resort with its own cacao trees, more than a thousand of them, on its private, organic Emerald Estate.
Once again, owner/architect Nick Troubetzkoy and his culinary team invite chocolate lovers to join them for four memorable days of tastings, interactive cooking workshops, masterful menus and the occasional Chocolate-tini at his 29-suite fantasy destination. The festival will take place October 11 to 15, 2013. Here are some of the mouthwatering highlights Jade’s Chef Allen Susser has lined up:
- “Chocolate in Bed” Breakfast: On Sunday morning, at the time of your choosing, dine one freshly baked chocolate croissants with banana and vanilla jam.
- Jade Signature Chocolate Spa Treatment: The therapeutic value of the local Soufriere cocoa bean, the kind grown on Emerald Estate, was discovered by vacationing French aristocrats about 200 years ago.
- Chocolate-themed Lunch: Dine beneath the mango trees and palms of Anse Mamin Beach, accompanied by “adult” chocolate milk shakes.
- Dark Chocolate Fondue: This is just one of scores of unique, mouthwatering desserts made from this year’s vintage Jade Mountain Estate-Grown Chocolate — home-grown and hand-crafted in the shadow of the Pitons.
- Five-course “Chocolate-inspired” Dinners: Jade’s inventive chefs, Allen Susser and Jonathan Dearden, infuse every course with Emerald Estate chocolate.
- Chef Susser’s Chocolate Truffle Workshop: Learn, prepare, and then take your masterpiece home.
Rates for this unique event begin at $995 for two people, in a sky jacuzzi suite, plus 18% tax and service charge. Air fare is not incuded, but getting to Jade Mountain is easier than ever this year with new flights from various destinations in the U.S. on American, JetBlue, Delta, and United Airlines. For the ultimate arrival experience, inquire about helicopter arrival — the resort has its own private helipad. For more details, visit http://www.jademountain.com/events.html.