From July 3 to 5, 2015, the second annual Brown’s London Art Weekend will host a program of talks, art tours, recommended walks and more in Mayfair and St. James. For 150 years Mayfair’s galleries and auction houses have welcomed the world’s greatest collectors, and the weekend is the ultimate celebration of London’s art heartland.
Visitors will experience the unrivaled quality and diversity of this key art market destination as 100 galleries and auction houses open their doors to the public. With talks, walks, and 100 exhibitions to see, Brown’s London Art Weekend offers a unique opportunity for art lovers to explore the capital’s greatest private galleries. Rocco Forte’s Brown’s Hotel will be hosting a program of specialist art talks over the course of the weekend, covering topics from ‘How to start your art collection’ to ‘Fashion in Art’ and ‘The history of art in Mayfair’. Each talk will be hosted by a leading art expert and will last 45 minutes at £30 (including refreshments).
Mark Hix, Director of Food at Brown’s Hotel, has collaborated with artists whose works are displayed in HIX Mayfair at Brown’s, creating an innovative, seasonal and delicious menu including dishes such as: Glen Ligon’s inked spelt with cuttlefish and sea purslane, Peter Peri-Peri Dorset blue lobster and Lancashire spring chicken and Mat Collishaw’s f-lame’d duck with New Forest cherries. This special Artists Menu will be available in HIX Mayfair from July 3-5, 2015. For those who would like a creative tipple, HIX presents The Artist’s Collection, a palette of colorful mini cocktails (£20 per palette of 4 mini cocktails).
Brown’s London Art Weekend is once again led by Brown’s Hotel, situated on Albemarle Street, surrounded by the many galleries taking part in the event. The understated elegance of Brown’s Hotel and its location make it a popular choice for art collectors, gallery owners and artists.
For guests seeking the ultimate VIP experience, Brown’s is offering an exclusive/ three-night VIP package. The program is limited to just 20 guests and comprises a spectacular array of privileged access and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, including the following:
- Welcome reception and dinner hosted by Brown’s and leading gallery owners, curators and experts
- VIP participation in London Art Weekend program including lectures and curated visits to cutting-edge galleries
- Private visits to White Cube and Victoria Miro galleries
- Behind-the-scenes visit to Christie’s, including lunch in the Boardroom hosted by a director
- Private visit to the Hannah Peschar Sculpture Gallery, England’s most beautiful sculpture garden, including lunch hosted by Hannah Peschar and Anthony Paul
- An evening at the celebrated Holland Park Opera Festival featuring Aida and an al-fresco supper
- Private Tour and champagne reception at Spencer House, the ancestral home of the late Diana Princess of Wales and the only great 18th century private palace in London (which was completely restored in the 1980’s by Lord Rothschild, the house is adorned with exceptional art including many paintings on load from the Royal Collection
- Private studio visits of celebrated artists
- Private visits to the homes of important private collectors
For more on Brown’s London Art Weekend, visit londonartweekend.co.uk.