Scott Dunn USA presents a handpicked collection of fun educational experiences that immerse travelers in local cultures and customs around the world. Each experience turns the world into a classroom through engagements in authentic customs, meetings with locals and learning from real experts.
The team at Scott Dunn will customize the experiences to create a vacation that is fun for the entire family. Kids will be kept entertained with a scavenger hunt around Angkor Thom or a family cooking class, while teens can try something out of this world, like astronaut training or sandboarding in the Namib Desert. These learning vacations allow travelers to see the world from a whole new perspective. A sampling of experiences available is below:
- Gladiator School, Italy – Learn the art of Gladiatorial combat at the legendary Gladiator School in Rome, you’ll also tour the Museum of the Roman Invincible Army.
- Junior Rangers at Tswalu, South Africa – The Junior Ranger program at Tswalu introduces kids to conservation with a wealth of fun activities throughout their safari.
- Honey & Olive Oil Harvesting, Croatia – Learn traditional techniques in harvesting olive oil on the gorgeous island of Solta before making honey with a third-generation bee-keeping family.
- Private Whale Shark Research, Mexico – Join some of the top researchers to swim with these gentle giants and learn about protecting and understanding the largest fish on the planet.
- Country Life Photography, Cambodia – Experience the temples and picturesque countryside beyond with Mr Kimleng, an experienced tuk-tuk driver and photographer.
- Street Food Discovery, Thailand – A foodie’s heaven this tour takes you to some of the tastiest street food markets in the city. Experiment with some new flavors or stick with your favorite Thai delicacies.
- Paris Perfume Workshop, France – Treat your senses and delve into the world of fragrances with this unique Parisian perfume workshop. Learn the essential skills from your very own perfume expert who will guide you through the perfume making method.
- Dog Sledding, Norway – Enjoy dog sledding under the Arctic sky and mush your own team of dogs under the full guidance and instruction of a professional sled guide. Journey through the peaceful wilderness, on a trip through the pine forests of the Reisa Valley.
- Ice Sculpting, Sweden – A must-do when staying at the iconic Ice Hotel, try carving an ice sculpture of your own in an introductory sculpting class. Using the same ice as the hotel is made from, you’ll learn the techniques and then be able to test your creativity!
For more information on these unique learning adventures, please visit www.scottdunn.com/curious-minds.
About Scott Dunn
Scott Dunn was founded 30 years ago by entrepreneur and visionary, Andrew Dunn. Today, this experienced team of passionate travelers is versed in creating exquisitely crafted, customized private journeys around the world. Tailored to fit individual tastes, interests and personal style, each one-of-a-kind trip enables the traveler to explore the world on their own terms.
Scott Dunn designs trips in destinations where its team can draw from direct experience, including Europe, Africa, Asia and Central/South America. Each journey is brought to life through honest insider knowledge and local connections that wow guests again and again. From trips focusing on culture, wellness, wildlife, cuisine and more, to multi-generational families and global voyages illuminating the far corners of the world, each Scott Dunn journey sets out to prove nothing is too much trouble.
Globally, the worldwide Scott Dunn team is comprised of 50+ Travel Experts who create customized trips to almost 100 countries. This vast portfolio of properties and experiences, along with the unmatched service and attention to detail, have led Scott Dunn to be consistently voted the “favorite” travel company by readers of the prestigious Condé Nast Traveller magazine.