For Thoroughbred racing enthusiasts as well as those just seeking the thrill and excitement that comes with Del Mar’s “see-and-be-seen” summer season, the AAA Double Five Diamond Fairmont Grand Del Mar makes the ideal basecamp. The resort’s premier location in Northern San Diego offers close proximity to the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club yet provides a tranquil hideaway that feels worlds away from the hustle and bustle of the racetrack. As “California’s #1 Luxury Resort,” according to TripAdvisor’s 2016 Travelers’ Choice Awards, Fairmont Grand Del Mar is raising the bar for the race day experience with two new stay-and-play packages for the summer season (excluding Opening Day), valid July 16 through September 5, 2016.
The “Race Day Ready” package includes all of the following for $1,600 per night, based on double occupancy for a two-night-minimum stay:
- Two nights in a luxurious suite at Fairmont Grand Del Mar;
- Complimentary valet parking;
- Daily breakfast for two;
- Private limousine transfers to and from the racetrack;
- Private riding lessons for two at the resort’s on-site equestrian center;
- Two mint juleps in the lobby lounge;
- An in-suite custom hat fitting by royal milliner Jill Courtemanche to design a one-of-a-kind topper to wow the crowds at Del Mar (women’s and men’s styles are available);
- An afternoon at Neiman Marcus to complete the “race day look,” including a personal consultation with style advisor Alex Yanez, lunch at the Zodiac restaurant and a make-up application to be “picture perfect” on race day;
- Tickets and a table for two to the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club’s exclusive Turf Club, including a $250 food and beverage credit; and
- A behind-the-scenes experience, including a barn tour with a trainer and a “meet and greet” with a jockey for the ultimate “photo opp.”
For groups of six or more, milliner Jill Courtemanche can close the doors of her Solana Beach studio to host a private hat party, featuring live music, champagne, and a one-on-one consultation to create the perfect race-day look. Each guest receives a $400 voucher towards a one-of-a-kind hat and fitting. This optional add-on is $3,000 for six people; additional guests are $500 per person.
The “Day at the Del Mar Races” package includes all of the following for $800 per night, based on double occupancy for a two-night-minimum stay:
- Two nights of luxurious accommodations in a deluxe room at Fairmont Grand Del Mar;
- Complimentary valet parking;
- Daily breakfast for two; and
- Tickets for two from the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club.
Available July 16 through September 5, 2016, both packages are based on double occupancy, require a two-night-minimum stay, are exclusive of tax and are subject to availability. To book please visit www.fairmont.com/san-diego/ or call 1-855-314-2030.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts connects guests to the very best of its destinations, providing travelers with memorable travel experiences, thoughtful and attentive service and luxury hotels that are truly unforgettable. Each Fairmont property reflects the locale’s energy, culture and history through locally-inspired cuisine, spirited bars and lounges and distinctive design and décor. With more than 65 hotels globally, and many more in development, the Fairmont collection boasts some of the most iconic hotels in the world including The Plaza in New York, London’s The Savoy, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai and Quebec City’s Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. For more information or reservations, please visit fairmont.com.