CARY, N.C. – Oct. 15, 2015 – The Umstead Hotel and Spa, North Carolina’s premier Forbes Five Star, AAA Five Diamond retreat, has revealed a newly conceived menu at The Umstead Spa with a strong focus on whole body benefits and seasonal inspiration. Body treatments are now offered in 80 and 100 minute increments, affording guests more time to maximize the healing properties of each therapy. Seasonal treatments are another fresh addition; a selection of five autumn services debut with the menu refresh. They include:
- The Piedmont Experience (available as of Nov. 1), designed to increase blood and lymph circulation through acupressure and a rocking rhythm technique. It includes a warm herbal compression ball infused with herbs and spices that relieves the body of toxins and tension. Guests are encouraged to take the ball as a complement to an at-home bath soak. (100 minutes, $205)
- Bergamot Aromatherapy Massage, which heralds the relaxing aroma of Bergamot to ease the mind, while light broad strokes of a Swedish massage relax the muscles. (80 minutes, $165)
- Monarch Ritual, a warm cocooning wrap that banishes stress and leaves skin supple. A moisturizing body milk application thereafter hydrates and softens skin. (80 minutes, $165)
- De La Terre Autumn Skin Care Package, an organic skincare experience ideal for the autumn season. Guests will be left refreshed and renewed following their De La Terre Organic Facial, with a De La Terre Natural Skin Purification System of products to bring home for maintenance. (50 minutes, $205)
- The Bergamot and Grey Luxury Pedicure, includes a luxurious soak, exfoliation and massage with bergamot aromas to ease tension and reduce inflammation. The service concludes with nail care and a Morgan Taylor color application, while guests enjoy a cup of soothing Earl Grey tea. (75 minutes, $85)
New additions to The Umstead Spa’s permanent menu include:
- The Emerald Experience, inspired by the detoxifying properties of North Carolina’s most precious gemstone, considered the purest crystal of the green ray. It is centered on balancing and purifying guests, beginning with a dry brushing treatment to start the detoxification process. Next, guests soak in a chromo therapy tub of warm water blended with mineral salts and herbs, offering relaxation for both body and mind. A calming Swedish massage with warm massage oil, followed by a detoxifying juice beverage, completes the experience. (100 minutes, $275)
- Facial enhancements such as LED Light Therapy ($35) and Microcurrent Therapy ($45 face; $60 face and neck).
- A Pure Manicure (30 minutes, $35) and Pure Pedicure (40 minutes, $45), both designed to quickly trim and shape nails for a fresh, clean look.
- Time-tested favorites remain on the menu, including The Umstead Spa’s Valmont Facial and Jurlique Brightening Vitamin C Facial, the Red Island Ritual exfoliation treatment and the Walk in the Woods four-hour escape experience.
About The Umstead Hotel and Spa
The Umstead Hotel and Spa is a singular, sophisticated triumph in North Carolina’s northeastern Piedmont region, an area rich in beauty and rooted in innovation. The state’s most highly rated hotel, it boasts stunning interiors punctuated with privately curated fine art, 150 spacious guest rooms and suites, world-class cuisine, a stimulating spa, gracious staff, and a serene woodland setting. The Umstead is a recipient of both the AAA Five Diamond award and Forbes Five Star rating. For more information or reservations, visit www.theumstead.com or call (866) 877-4141.