Food lovers looking for innovative and diverse culinary experiences while on vacation will relish the new guest chef series at Viceroy’s two chic seaside luxury resorts in Mexico called ‘Tastes of Mexico.’ The program will bring hot and trending Mexican chefs to both properties each quarter to collaborate with the Executive Chef on creative, edgy dinner menus. And guests can savor these original menus as part of a special Viceroy package. The first guest chef dinners will be:
- July 9, 2016, La Marea restaurant, at Viceroy Riviera Maya, featuring Chef Pablo Salas of Amaranta, #41 on the San Pellegrino List of the Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants, and the resort’s Executive Chef Jorge Ildefonso.
- July 15-16, 2016, La Marea restaurant, at Viceroy Zihuatanejo, featuring Chef Federico Lopez, director of the Culinary Center of Mexico, Chef Arturo Fernandez of award-winning Restaurant Ruiz, and the resort’s Executive Chef Eduardo Avila.
At Viceroy Zihuatanejo
- The Tastes of Mexico Package, including accommodations for three nights, the Guest Chef Dinner with wine pairing and daily breakfast, starts at $255 per night.
- The Guest Chef Dinner with wine pairing only is $65.
- For more information and reservations: Tel.: 52 755 55 55 500, toll-free USA/Canada 866-905-9560. firstname.lastname@example.org, www.viceroyzihuatanejo.com
At Viceroy Riviera Maya
- The Guest Chef Dinner with wine pairing is $100 and includes a welcome cocktail hour starting at 7:00 pm where the Chefs will interact with the guests. The dinner, starting at 8:00 pm, will feature six courses, three by each chef. Each of the six courses will be paired with wine.
- For more information and reservations: Tel.: 52 984 877 3000, toll-free USA/Canada 800-578-0281, email@example.com, www.viceroyrivieramaya.com
Jorge Ildefonso took charge of the kitchen at Viceroy Riviera Maya as Executive Chef in December 2014. Previously, he had honed his culinary skills at leading hotels and resorts in Mexico. Executive Chef Eduardo Avila joined Viceroy Zihuatanejo’s culinary team in January 2016, bringing more than 15 years of experience at exclusive hotels, private clubs and cruise lines. Chef Arturo Fernandez, who developed his skills in two of Spain’s most famous restaurants, Mugaritz and El Bulli, is co-owner/chef of acclaimed Restaurant Raiz in Atizapàn de Zaragoza, Mexico. Chef Federico Lopez, a founder and director of Mexico’s first school of gastronomy, is on Éditions Larousse’s list of the Top 20 Best Chefs in Mexico. Chef Pablo Salas launched Amaranta in the city of Toluca in September 2010, and today it is ranked #41 on the San Pellegrino list of Latin America’s Top 50 Restaurants.
Viceroy Riviera Maya is a serene, all-villa, adults-only hideaway where guests experience true relaxation, gracious villa living, exquisite dining, personalized pampering, healing spa treatments and much more in a stunning ambiance combining lush jungle with a sugary-white-sand beach lapped by the warm turquoise waters of the Caribbean. A paradise on Mexico’s Pacific coast, Viceroy Zihuatanejo, nestled on one of the country’s most beautiful and pristine beaches, is known for its gourmet dining, special luxury services and amenities, and array of activities from water sports to cooking classes.