Ringing in 2015 with those who matter most, Whiteface Lodge, the award-winning all-suite resort tucked away in the High Peaks of the Adirondacks, will throw a Family-Style New Year’s Eve Bash. The lodge, which has become a fixture for vacationing families year-round, will cater to even its youngest guests with a night full of family and fun for all ages.
The New Year’s Eve bash will kick off on Dec. 31 at 6 p.m. in The Clubhouse with a cocktail hour complete with a DJ, photo booth and entertainment. A Family Style Buffet will be served from 6-10 p.m. with selections including a cheese and fruit display, salads, roasted butternut & cider bisque, grilled breast of free range chicken with roasted potatoes and apple cider jus, and carving stations with maple glazed pit roasted black forest ham, and herb crusted prime rib of beef. For the kids, among tons of activities including caricaturists, a strolling magician, and wearable balloon creations, buffet selections will include fresh fruit and garden salads, chicken fingers, cheeseburger sliders, creamy macaroni and cheese, and a variety of desserts. Mindful of the youngster’s bedtimes, an early ball drop will ring in the New Year at 10 p.m. The party is $88 for adults and $44 for children ages 5-11 plus tax and gratuity. Kids 4 and under eat free. Reservations are required. Party is for resort guests only.
Back by popular demand, guests and local residents can ring in 2015 at the lodge’s annual adult Dine and Dance event. The night kicks off with a Three-Course New Year’s Eve Menu served in the rustic luxury of KANU the lodge’s signature restaurant, with seating from 5:30 to 10 p.m. Following dinner (9 p.m.-12 a.m.) guests can dance the night away at Kanu Lounge with live entertainment by Vinnie Leddick & The Snowmakers and keep track of the countdown on various televisions throughout the lounge. At midnight guests will cheers to 2015 with a complimentary Champagne toast. Diners may choose one item from each course:
- Lentil Soup – Puy Lentils, Bayonne Ham and Perigueux Black Truffle
- Warm Tucker Farm Potato Tart – Smoked Organic Salmon, Osetra Caviar, Crème Fraiche and Dill
- Juniper Hill Farm Squash Salad – Pomegranate, Winter Greens, Shallot and Parmesan Grana
- Florida Stone Crab – Cocktail Style
- Venison Stew – Beet Root, Grappa and Juniper Berry
- Winter Flounder – Scallops, Shrimp, wild Rice, Celeriac and Old Bay Glacage
- Creekstone Farms Beef “Wellington” – Parsnip Puree, Pearl Onions, Roasted Carrot and Truffled Bone Marrow Sauce
- Buttermilk Poached Freebird Airline Chicken Breast – Chicken Liver Spaetzle, Savoy Cabbage, Hardwood Smoked Bacon and Ver Jus Sauce
- Chocolate Trilogy – Chocolate Soufflé, Chocolate Ice Cream and Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Baked Apple in Puff Pastry – Nut Streusel, Cranberries, Maple Syrup and Warm Caramel Sauce
- Pumpkin Crème Brule – Vanilla Chantilly Cream and Cinnamon
To reserve New Year’s Eve dinner at KANU, call (518) 523-0510. For more information on the Whiteface Lodge, visit www.theWhitefaceLodge.com or call (518) 523-0500.